Free Pour Weekends

First iced coffees of the season

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

• Like 4

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

IMG_7423.thumb.jpg.feed643480a7c880cc95fdd84f8dbcdf.jpg

IMG_7424.thumb.jpg.d3c72d57dce9a72f05b9a116450eeb00.jpg
iced coffee is a seasonal thing?!
  • Like 2

IMG_2489.jpg Saturday swan.

• Like 8

Beans>Grinders>Machines

2F7EE0FF-D331-4C88-9167-996BA7AF8793.jpeg

• Like 4

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Failed attempt at a swan. I like to call it the pelican.
493F35C2-1439-45CC-A361-8712E2E3BFEB.thumb.jpeg.8202b6d774cbe2fef61aeb55fbd1216b.jpeg
turning it upside down I see an angry old woman yelling and raising her hand...
  • Haha 1

turning it upside down I see an angry old woman yelling and raising her hand...

I don’t see anything if the sort. What I do see though is MY worktop 

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

40 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I don’t see anything if the sort. What I do see though is my worktop 😂

Obviously good taste! I want to say it’s Bianco Ice quartz or something like that... all I know is that it’s what the better half wanted!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hasi said:

turning it upside down I see an angry old woman yelling and raising her hand... emoji23.png

Consider me the Monet of the latte art world.

• Like 2

Failed attempt at a swan. I like to call it the pelican.
493F35C2-1439-45CC-A361-8712E2E3BFEB.thumb.jpeg.8202b6d774cbe2fef61aeb55fbd1216b.jpeg
Slimer!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I thought it was going well... until I spilt steamed milk all over my hand, resulting in a not so symmetrical rosetta.

IMG_5842.jpg

• Like 3

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

On 08/06/2019 at 20:41, Rakesh said:

IMG_2489.jpg Saturday swan.

I aspire to this, don't think it'll ever happen 🙂

• Like 2

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

On 08/06/2019 at 19:42, richwade80 said:

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

They look delish, we're just at the start of  a heat wave here so might have to look up the recipe....

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

IMG_20190618_065339.jpg
before

IMG_20190623_154144.jpg
after

It's getting hot in here...

• Like 2

They look delish, we're just at the start of  a heat wave here so might have to look up the recipe....

It’s not much of a recipe.

One shot in a cold cup. Let the cup take the heat out.

Pour into a cold glass

Add a large ice cube, (You can get large ice cube trays) so the ice melts slower and does dilute the drink too much.

I add the ice into the shot carefully to try not to crack it.

Pour milk onto the ice cube really slowly so it doesn’t mix with the coffee straight away.

Mix and drink!
  • Like 1

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

19 hours ago, richwade80 said:

Pour into a cold glass

Add a large ice cube, (You can get large ice cube trays) so the ice melts slower and does dilute the drink too much.

Pour milk onto the ice cube really slowly so it doesn’t mix with the coffee straight away.

Mix and drink!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Pour into a cold glass

Mix and drink!
Get yourself some whiskey stones if you don't want to water down your drink.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

or get yourself some whisky. After a while you start caring less and less about water in your milk drink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have whiskey stones, but they don’t really cut it. They warm up surprisingly quick. I’d have to fill the glass with them.

I do use them for bourbon though. Less liquid so it’s okay. I don’t like ice in my liquor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Morning!

23d152eab330896506a17dfd52b294ef.jpg

• Like 3

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Looking forward to a sunny Saturday!

2424b29a026c92107a5ebd71e786367d.jpg

• Like 4

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

On 26/05/2019 at 11:02, MildredM said:

Sunday fun-day 😁 

D9F0C951-C809-4696-B6D5-7CF9C3EAE5FB.jpeg

Wing mirrors on a coffee machine, whatever next.  OR Is it for applying make-up when you are in a hurry ?♠️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

Wing mirrors on a coffee machine, whatever next.  OR Is it for applying make-up when you are in a hurry ?♠️

Thats not a wing mirror it is "Gimbaling oleophobic mirror for examining your shots."

https://lynweber.com/product/looking-glass/

I presume it allows you to talk ti the mad hatter as well...

Wing mirrors are alot cheaper - this is what I have i think 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blind-Spot-Mirrors-Cars-360°Rotatable/dp/B0777FXZY2?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_4919989031_0&pf_rd_p=eeb6ffcc-bc92-51d0-82aa-df1cd7138be4&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=4919989031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=T6RGZ2JEGJFDBTRXKAWS&pf_rd_r=T6RGZ2JEGJFDBTRXKAWS&pf_rd_p=eeb6ffcc-bc92-51d0-82aa-df1cd7138be4

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

9 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

Interesting to see that sexism is alive and well.

6 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

Style eh? I suppose you either get it or you don’t 🙄

• Like 1