IGNORED

Noisy neighbours!

NickdeBug

neighbours eh!

Can't live with them, not allowed to bury them under their own patio!

First nice day in a while, few family around for a BBQ and a small glass of wine, just relaxing on the patio and thinking of a bit of snooze.

Right on cue, neighbour's stroppy teenage son decides he is going to mow their lawn...

...with a 2 stroke strimmer!!

Seems he likes revving it more than actually using it.

put up with the noise and exhaust fumes for 30 mins and then took some garden shears around to him with a clear indication that he should continue his labours with them or I would find another use for them.

Gentle snip snip snip noise now.

The absolute worst neighbours I've had were many years ago when I used to work nightshift and I lived in a terraced house. As I crawled into my bed at 07:30 in the morning, the next door neighbours would be leaving their house for work, and they'd put their two Staffordshire Bull Terriers outside for the day. They barked constantly all day none stop. I used to have fitful dreams about poison, and sniper rifles.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agggh! Neighbours! Strimmers/digs barking are about as bad as it gets . . . Love your solution!

A near-ish neighbour has a Harley. When he started it up today I jumped out my skin - it sounded like someone was hammering loudly on our door. The series of sonic booms emitting from its exhaust really are just about more than a mild mannered woman can take :)

A past neighbour used to honk his horn when he went to work at half 6 every morning. I put up with it for a year then I put a note through his letterbox asking him to honk it outside his own house and not 200 metres down the lane, right outside my bedroom window. Blithering idiot!

Oh yes, I can see this thread running and running!!!

At my grandmother's place, the neighbor would take out the lawn mower every time we had a family gathering allowing her to disturb and spy on us at the same time.

In the block of flats where I own one lives an old alcoholic who had an argument with neighbors and he would turn some kind of drill lodged in the rebar in the panels every day from 2-8 pm for one and a half year ..now that was a real jerk.

Got a house full of young Polish workers opposite, who delight in sitting on their front wall talking loudly until the early hours. Sometimes get a car come dome down the road with a stereo blaring very loud rap music* (if it can be called that) at 2am! A few glares recently from a few of us and they've got the message. Most houses near me have Polish folks in, and most are very nice - including one chap who likes to talk to me about my dad's old Saab I have parked outside. he has one as well. None of them can park for toffee though - much to the annoyance of another neighbour who can't get his van in. It's just the young'uns it seems, but that can go for anyone.

My neighbour's teenage daughter insists on playing very loud pop music at all hours as well.. Doesn't help that her mum plays loud music just when I'm trying to get an afternoon nap. #oldfart :rolleyes:

* music is like chocolate. You enjoy it more when you remove the rapper.... :whistle:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

We had serious issues with our neighbour with noise, playing LOUD music at anti social times etc, almost came to blows on several occasions. Came to an end when he needed help with his dog and my wife helped out, he has been better with music but still leaves a lot to be desired although I'm sure I'm not the best neighbour either

You guys need one of these. The only thing is you might have to quadruple the size of the list ;)

dearneighbor.png

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

My worst neighbor wasn't noisy; he was just a git. Our houses were back to back, separated by a lane. We both had garages facing out onto the lane. His boundary was set back from the lane (shown on deeds) in order that I could reverse a car into my garage. Even though I pointed the issue out to him before he laid a single brick, he rebuilt his garage on the edge of the lane so I could no longer reverse into mine without smashing the front of my car into his garage door or the near side rear quarter into my garage wall. (His was wider so he could get in and out.). He just said "by the time you get anyone out here to stop me, it'll be built."

Luckily, all my other neighbours have had rather more class.

My worst neighbor wasn't noisy; he was just a git. Our houses were back to back, separated by a lane. We both had garages facing out onto the lane. His boundary was set back from the lane (shown on deeds) in order that I could reverse a car into my garage. Even though I pointed the issue out to him before he laid a single brick, he rebuilt his garage on the edge of the lane so I could no longer reverse into mine without smashing the front of my car into his garage door or the near side rear quarter into my garage wall. (His was wider so he could get in and out.). He just said "by the time you get anyone out here to stop me, it'll be built."

Luckily, all my other neighbours have had rather more class.

In which case the reply is "It may be built, but if you've breached planning laws, it'll have to be ripped down again.."

Either that, or buy a cheap rustbucket and accidentally crash into it :whistle:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

first night in our new house, the alcoholic cabbie next door drank himself into a stupor and left a record on repeat playing Elvis " houndog" on full volume - nocked twice at 2am and 4am - music stopped at about 7am

I thought he was probably dead (hopefully) - stuffed a passive aggressive letter through his letterbox attesting to his fine taste in music however if he could vary it and turn it of by 9pm.

he came around and apologised, said he fell asleep !!!

Either that, or buy a cheap rustbucket and accidentally crash into it :whistle:

Hah! I did think about leaving my two wheelie bins in front of my garage door everyday but resisted the urge to be petty. Instead I moved.

Wonderfully the Swiss have a highly developed sense of being neighbourly. No power tools / garden machinery at lunchtime or on Sunday. This is strictly enforced with a regime of withering looks, ticking off as though you were a child, and calling the police - often all three on the first infraction [emoji1]

Couple of years ago we had an experience similar to this one linked below . Our son is non verbal and austistic also , as in the story below our garden though is huge but backs onto some other properties . A lovely gent , intimated that if we didn't stop our son making those nosies he makes then , he would turn a hosepipe on him.

Call to the police, visit from the police , never heard off him again . The policeman gave him in no uncertain terms a clear view of what would happen if he spoke up again.

The neighbours that we share the garden with and our house is attached to are amazing . They let walk around , sit in their gardens for hours on end , and never bat an eyelid .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-41053794

Don't have any issues with our current neighbours but we have plenty of space between us. The worst weve had was him expressing his disappointment that I'd replaced some past its best hawthorne hedge with laurel.

Not a horror story but at an old house, our neighbour was a lovely old boy but hard of hearing. We passed pleasantries over the fence and he commented that it was too nice to watch the world cup inside. Oh ... why not bring the tv outside ? I said jokingly.

He did.... and I had dirty looks from Mrs WD all day who wanted a day relaxing in the garden.

My favourite neighbour was a dear old chap. He used to keep champion racing pigeons and we moved in with two cats. They only ever hunted leaves but the pigeons didn't know that so they'd get back home then fly around for ages until they were sure it was safe to land. I'm sure they killed his ranking, though once we knew we used to keep them locked up on race days. Bless him, he never complained. Instead we used to chat over the fence and swap duty free fags for racing tips. He'd point out that one of my hedges was a bit knackered. Then, one day I came home and he'd hopped over the fence, uprooted the offending hedge, and weeded and replanted the whole border. I miss him. Top chap.

My neighbours are scum. They have 2 yappy dogs that don't stop barking and next to them are another family with 2 noisy young feral kids who are home taught. I've had loads of rows with the dog family with me being locked up for a few hours for strangling him. Last week I couldn't take no more barking and proceeded to bang on his door and let him know that he'll end up in court if they don't stop barking. The guy starts saying I have mental health issues and I'm autistic. He's bating me to whack him because he's a spineless so and so and he'll call the police. He called them anyway and they were waiting for me when I got back from Waitrose with the missus. They said I had threatened him which was untrue. He just want's me nicked again. The police were pretty good and said stay away from them which I did when sod me I was cleaning the car the next day when his missus approached me and said that she didn't like the way I spoke to her son. This is the son that got involved and wanted to start fighting with me. I told her to speak to me through a solicitor and that she was scum. Life goes on.