igm45

Bulk buy - Coffee Beans

As you all know over the last few months I have been sourcing DSOL and Decaf beans for the forum.

@Mrboots2u (I think it was anyway), came up with the idea of a group of us drinking the same beans. That way we know what we are drinking making it different to the DSOL / LSOL schemes.

The advantages of this is that we can obtain wholesale prices and we can assist each other in getting the best out of the beans.

My thoughts are to do a vote between 3 roasters / beans each month and most votes we go with.

I don't want to step on the toes of LSOL if they feel this intrudes then I won't proceed.

I suppose this post is merely thinking aloud.

Open to thoughts / ideas fire away

10mm

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

I really like the idea of this and would likely get involved.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

As you all know over the last few months I have been sourcing DSOL and Decaf beans for the forum.

@Mrboots2u (I think it was anyway), came up with the idea of a group of us drinking the same beans. That way we know what we are drinking making it different to the DSOL / LSOL schemes.

The advantages of this is that we can obtain wholesale prices and we can assist each other in getting the best out of the beans.

My thoughts are to do a vote between 3 roasters / beans each month and most votes we go with.

I don't want to step on the toes of LSOL if they feel this intrudes then I won't proceed.

I suppose this post is merely thinking aloud.

Open to thoughts / ideas fire away

10mm

I guess this would need to be run as a group buy? Might be worth touching in with @Glenn about this.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

It would be. I will pm Glenn to discuss (thank you).

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

PM received- moved to Group Buys section

Okay to go ahead

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

DSOL / LSOL - is this a secret code ? is there a prize ?

true story - charity I used to work for loved acronyms for everyones job (eg SM,s were Service Managers) just created new posts called Head Of Region - so now the staff refer to them as the Regional HOR !

Put me out my misery what are DSOL LSOL?

keep calm and grind flat

DSOL / LSOL - is this a secret code ? is there a prize ?

true story - charity I used to work for loved acronyms for everyones job (eg SM,s were Service Managers) just created new posts called Head Of Region - so now the staff refer to them as the Regional HOR !

Put me out my misery what are DSOL LSOL?

Sorry,

DSOL is darker side of life. Roasted beans that have been roasted quite dark bringing out chocolate caramel / woody flavours (usually)

LSOL is lighter side of life. Beans lighter roasted, more acidic, fruity or floral coffees.

I'd be interested, also in decaf, but not every month TBH as my wife drinks around 150 g/month on average

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Yes, great idea! But only if we can come up with a good acronym (and vote it in)!

SWIB (somewhere in between)?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

yes, great idea! But only if we can come up with a good acronym (and vote it in)!

Swib (somewhere in between)?

aos

o&s

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

aos

o&s

Very good - Any Old Sub, and Odds and Sods :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

So subscribers would either get their preferred bean or or one of two others.

Pot Luck Or Preferrence.......... PLOP

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

'Heinz beans'.. 57 varieties (even though there aren't 57 :rolleyes:)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

CTIGB

Can This include green beans

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

Retitled this thread to make it more explanatory now that its in the 'Group Buy' section...

Ron 

A Selection of beans On Subscription

ASBOS

FUNS OVER

Forum - users - not - seriously- offering - views - (on) experience - rant (over)

LOCATE

Lots Of Coffee - All Types (for) Everyone

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Well as it would potentially have a mix of lsol and dsol style offerings....

"Best of both worlds"

Little reference for any Kevin Smith fans.

Well as it would potentially have a mix of lsol and dsol style offerings....

"Best of both worlds"

Little reference for any Kevin Smith fans.

Both Sides of Life?

I would be interested in the non decaf.

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, Ceramic 02 V60, 6 Cup Venus Moka. Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle

Definitely sounds interesting to me. Would be be looking at roasters not just in the uk?

i'd be interested as a brand new newbie to espresso I feel i could learn a lot by seeing what others taste and do compared to me.

I think it would help with technique and processes?

Don't think i could manage every month as only I drink coffee. or I could and be completely WIRED!

Giving up the Lidl espresso maker and starting the long journey into real coffee

now with Compak K6, Gaggia Classic

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)