russell16688

3D printer - Drip tray

I have found a 3D printer file for the 15mm Gaggia Classic drip tray and I'm trying to get a print of it. I wondered if anyone had a 3D printer or knew of a company who would do a single run cheaply.

I contacted someone today and it was initially going to be £70 with a potential reduction to £40. A bit out of my price range!

If this is the general case could we possibly see how many people would want one and do a run on them? Just thinking out loud as I'd love one but don't want that huge bill for a plastic tray.

Contact igm45 on here I'm sure he mentioned before having a friend with a 3d printer who may be willing to help you out. Worth a try.

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

tcw hasn't been responding in that thread for a while. There's a thread below this one asking about these drip trays too.

Contact igm45 on here I'm sure he mentioned before having a friend with a 3d printer who may be willing to help you out. Worth a try.
Your quite correct, great recall.

It was my boss who had one, he sold it though so I no longer have access to one.

Sorry.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Someone on here prints them for the super low price of 10 pounds.

I thought about printing them ... but the selling price of £10 is based on (insert your own non offensive word here, but I can't think of one)

A decent design printed at a sensible speed takes about 9 hours of machine time, also cheap PLA filament is not the best material to use.

But for any one wanting a tray and loads of other useful stuff, its a great excuse to invest / throw away £££ and get a printer, lol

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

Sorry names from memory but I think @whiteyj and @Dylan both had done some 3d printing on the forum at some point

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Sorry names from memory but I think @whiteyj and @Dylan both had done some 3d printing on the forum at some point
One down I'm afraid to report,

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=501200

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

A couple of problems I'm afraid -

1. It doesn't look like he has made his design publicly available, so I would have to design it from scratch with given dimensions (I dont have a classic)

2. I only have ABS, and large flat things like that warp in ABS as it shrinks when it cools.

3D hubs will likely be £30-40 or so for a part like that I should imagine. I would think it's about £5-8 in plastic and then you have to pay for running costs, maintenance costs and percentage of failures.

3D hubs will likely be £30-40 or so for a part like that I should imagine. I would think it's about £5-8 in plastic and then you have to pay for running costs, maintenance costs and percentage of failures.
Oh yep for sure (2 beers and i missed the op's budget limit), and tbh it will crack ultimately anyway...but beggars and all that Edited by mcrmfc

Happy to share my solidworks files for the classic drip tray design I've got if that's any help- It's a 4-5 hour print on a well set up printer - doesn't need to be a dense print since it doesn't need much in the way of structural integrity.

I was never a fan of printing things like drip trays though - a printed surface is very hard to keep clean in that sort of use case. I used one on my old classic, but I put a coat of epoxy resin over it to smooth the surface and make it easier to clean.

I liked making this one... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1618015

3d3d2361d2fdab706efd7b65bd9692d8_preview_tinycard.jpg

Adjustable and strong.. at the cost of filament and time

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

I'm thinking you could probably sort yourself a nice shallow drip tray with some foam board and a stanley knife. 3 Layers, one for the bottom, one as a shallow basin and one to hold the drip tray. Glue em together and hey presto.

Maybe not quite as neat as 3d printing, but cheaper and quicker.

but cheaper and quicker.

By a factor of 100000000000 lol