Hi all: still new to pulling espresso (invested in the ECM Mechanika and Rocket Fausto combo.) The shots are turning out quite good with brew ratios of 1.7-2.0x depending on the bean. Struggling however because when I dispose off the puck, park of the puck sticks to the sides of the pf basket (see pic below.) Is this common - these grinds are wet. I've used different beans (light and dark roasts) but same issue. Yes, the coffee tastes good, but this results in me washing the basket and having to dry if off again between shots. Any advice?

NickIMG_1168.jpg

If it's dark coffee than grinding coarser might not help. Some. Pucks are just wet and gloopy

If it tastes good I'd really wouldn't stress and cleaning your basket should be done anyway ')

• 5 months later...

Wait, hang on. .. are we saying this is not normal then? Most of my spent pucks fit the description, and I wash and dry my VST 18 after each shot. There's almost always a little puddle on the puck unless I leave it in the group for ages (which I don't!) Probably 1 in 10 of my pucks knocks out 'cleanly'. I didn't think I had a problem. ...