supersoup

Sage 54mm Naked/Bottomless Portafilter (for 54mm Sage Machine incl. Duo Temp Pro)

Hi,

For anyone interested, I'm selling a new 54mm Sage Bottomless Portafilter, ordered from Sage and hand machined for £46.50.

These have a unique group fitting, only for use on Sage and Breville 54mm coffee machines like the Duo Temp Pro. I believe it's also compatible with these machines... BES810, BES840, BES860 and BES870. Please check compatibility with your machine though.

A friend of mine with a Sage Duo Temp Pro expressed a lot of interest in having a bottomless portafilter like the one I was using on my Rocket. Without thinking I sung the praises of bottomless portafilters... They're great for figuring out how to make fantastic shots, diagnosing shot issues and the coffee only ever touches your basket and your cup. Once you've got your shot dialled in, there's less cleaning and dripping over your worktop, and of course... it's a unique and enjoyable way to make coffee.

However, the small flaw in my sales pitch came about when he mentioned that he'd looked everywhere and Sage and Breville only sell a bottomless portafilter for their top of the range 58mm machines, and the only way to get a bottomless portafilter for the unique 54mm group head was to buy a custom made one or make one yourself...

So weeks later, and more conversations about bottomless portafilters, I decided to surprise him and order a new portafilter from Sage, and machine it myself as I fortunately have all of the metalworking tools required. He was blown away with the result, so mission successful, and he suggested that I sell these online as there are probably others like him. So here we are!

Edited by supersoup
Sold

What makes your naked portafilters worth ~£40 more than the ones @joey24dirt does at face value. Even at £39 for pf for the sage an extra £46 for machining and delivery seems abit excessive. I don't know much about the machining of these pfs but I don't think it costs £46 to machine these down.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

You are correct Rakesh. I completely neglected to check the forums before selling what I thought was a hard to find item to make back the cost of surprising a friend. @joey24dirt is doing something extremely generous with expensive equipment that isn't readily available for most people, and I would have greatly appreciated a few minutes to rectify my mistake before you posted publicly on my listing.

I just offered a bit of a middle man thing to save on postage costs for those who wanted one.

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Apologies, the new price seems more reasonable now.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

It would be a nice thing to have. I think i would rather modify my own and keep costs down. Unfortunately the Makino 5 axis cnc machines i operate are not tooled up to hold a portafilter. ;)

Sage Duo Temp Coffee Machine, Profitec T64 Grinder ;)

It would be a nice thing to have. I think i would rather modify my own and keep costs down. Unfortunately the Makino 5 axis cnc machines i operate are not tooled up to hold a portafilter. ;)

Hole cutter for the win

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hole cutter for the win

Nice one. Do you hold it in a pillar drill or milling machine to do the cutting? I dont have access to one of those either. Is the hole cutter reasonably priced?

Sage Duo Temp Coffee Machine, Profitec T64 Grinder ;)

I'll PM you so not to jump on the thread

@SkateReclaimCreate

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo