IGNORED

Brown bear

Apatche64

17 hours ago, Coffer said:

Bit of a thread revival here. I'm curious if anyone has been ordering from Brown Bear more recently and if they're a decent value option for freshly roasted coffee? 

`There is no magic for formal to selling beans for £11 kg other than 

1- selling good quality at a loss 

2- buying cheap greens and trying to make out its artisan roasted blah blah lol 

3- being so huge you can leverage prices 

given the description of the coffees on the website i doubt its 1 . And companies just don’t survive 3 years doing this . 

It’s not 3 , ive seen big buyers like has bean and they cant leverage coffee to £11 a kilo that a decent grade 

this doesn’t mean you wont enjoy it , but when you are looking for prices of this v more reputable roasters the difference is s result of the coffee being sourced and used. 

Edited by Mrboots2u
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

`There is no magic for formal to selling beans for £11 kg other than 

1- selling good quality at a loss 

2- buying cheap greens and trying to make out its artisan roasted blah blah lol 

3- being so huge you can leverage prices 

given the description of the coffees on the website i doubt its 1 . And companies just don’t survive 3 years doing this . 

It’s not 3 , ive seen big buyers like has bean and they cant leverage coffee to £11 a kilo that a decent grade 

this doesn’t mean you wont enjoy it , but when you are looking for prices of this v more reputable roasters the difference is s result of the coffee being sourced and used. 

Yeah fair enough. I don't mind paying good money for good products, but if the same kind of quality can be offered for less I'll certainly consider it. That said, I'd still rather pay premium for good coffee beans over paying less for inferior beans. 

On 29/09/2021 at 18:35, Coffer said:

Yeah fair enough. I don't mind paying good money for good products, but if the same kind of quality can be offered for less I'll certainly consider it. That said, I'd still rather pay premium for good coffee beans over paying less for inferior beans. 

Only you will know if you enjoy brown Bear as much as as much as another roaster. At least you have an idea now of how borwn Bear may be cheaper.