I guess a little bit of whining helps when it now turned to fullfilled after writing that ;)

Reviews: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl

I do this as a hobby, I'm not in business and receive no payment for my work a full disclosure is, and always has been, on my review and YouTube sites. Oh, I agree with @dfk41 quite often...well sometimes.

Anyone in Belgium got his/her Niche?
I got mine today! For reference: backed in september.

DE1+ (1.1) || Niche || KINU M47,M68 || Aeropress || Aergrind || Kalita 185 || V60 || [email protected]

Behmor 1600 PLUS, modded with beanprobe

I got mine today! For reference: backed in september.

I take it that was September 2017, did It take a long time from locked to fulfillment? I

It's arrived!! Unfortunately it's a 2 show day for me so I won't get home til midnight which is probably a bit late for coffee... Can't wait til tomorrow morning! :)

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

I take it that was September 2017, did It take a long time from locked to fulfillment? I
Day after fullfilment I got text from DPD

DE1+ (1.1) || Niche || KINU M47,M68 || Aeropress || Aergrind || Kalita 185 || V60 || [email protected]

Behmor 1600 PLUS, modded with beanprobe

How long after locked did it become fulfilled though?

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

How long after locked did it become fulfilled though?

Mine was locked the first day (27 Sept maybe) and still in the 'Contribution Locked' status. They are still sending out the first batch as far as I know.

Niche delivered today, already looking settled next to the db! Also got my fantastic new tamp from @joey24dirt this week too. Happy days and cheers Joey! 01fbf1bf04539b89c49d5fe56b41c226.jpg6efa4a6ee5a5b28abb4694e6eb78813a.jpgabd79634c5b63777bb08920d229c341f.jpg

Looks awesome mate glad you like it

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Tamper looks cool, I am sure everyone's tampers are better than mine, think I am going to have to get another haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Thank you and how long was contribution locked till it changed to fulfilled - I don’t understand why they are locking them and not delivering shortly after!

Thank you and how long was contribution locked till it changed to fulfilled - I don’t understand why they are locking them and not delivering shortly after!

I think delivery follows shortly after the Indiegogo contribution status changes to fulfilled, not after the contribution is locked.

I do not know all the Indiegogo rules, but when a campaigner (in this case Niche) starts building things it seems logical to me that you can not withdraw your money, and thus your contribution becomes locked.

(Remember you are not buying a grinder, you are backing a campaign and getting a grinder is a perk ... there is a difference.)

Another happy customer here too :)

niche and rocket.jpg

Rocket R58, Bottomless portafilter, VST 18g basket, Niche Zero, Joey tamper (58.4)

Got mine delivered yesterday. It looks like it was manufactured specifically to match our tiles and worktops! Wife and I both noticed a positive difference in the taste of the coffee this morning. Thanks to DaveC and everyone on the forum for the recommendation.

Just need to upgrade the Classic now. . .cb33a8b306f159457f76b9be8ec6438c.jpg

@coffeechap. I'm looking forward to your comparison between the Niche and other grinders.

I've dipped my toe in and out of this forum for years now and for much of that time you've been a regular poster, very knowledgeable, helpful and patient with newbies and what I'd consider a good egg. I am a little confused however that you feel the Mythos is a good direct comparison. Is the Mythos the same grinder as the Mythos One? That's a £2000+ grinder and although I understand that you picked it up for less than £300, surely it would be akin to finding a genuine Rolex at a car boot sale for £50 and then doing a comparison with a Casio you picked up new from Argos. The £50 Rolex is out there ( I know somebody who picked up a Submariner for £50 ) but it isn't a guide to true second hand value. Isn't the same true with your Mythos, or is that really how much a mint version that needs no work depreciates over time?

Personally I see it's direct competitor to be the Baratza Sette as I mentioned earlier in this thread. They're both aimed at the domestic market, both claim zero retention and both are in the same ballpark new pricewise. I think both come with 12 months guarantee as well, although the Niche seem to be a little bizarre in that it appears you need to diagnose the fault and then they'll send you the part to fit yourself, whereas most manufacturers expressly forbid you to tinker with their products and will invalidate your warranty if you do.

Edit

I've only gone and posted this in the wrong Niche thread, haven't I!

Never mind, after the week I'm having, I'm so tired I'm surprised it's in the right forum.

Which one doggin R us ^^ haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Fulfilled

I'll join in this celebration. Sadly, I'll have all of three of four hours to use it before I'm away for a few days. Good things come to those who wait and all.

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Delighted with it. The difference between the Niche and my old Delonghi "grinder" is unbelievable. Big thanks to Dave and to Niche.

Rocket Appartamento and Niche Zero Grinder.

When ordered.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I got my Niche today and it looks great in black. It has the look of a mature product and feels solid and well engineered. I'm extremely pleased with it so far. The cosmetic finish is very good (I'm giving a bit of slack to the grind cup) and I'm currently putting some Liberon Hard Wax Oil on the wooden parts to keep it that way. My thanks also to Niche and Dave, and this forum for bringing it to my attention, long before I joined. It won't come as a surprise to anyone to hear that the grind is night and day better than my Hario and as I have no other experience of coffee grinders I'll leave it at that. I've only made two coffees with it so far (I'd already had two before it arrived) and I've not got it dialed in correctly. I checked the calibration and found it to be 3 clicks shy of the mark so I'll refine it tomorrow, but the coffee is already tasting wonderful!

Sage Duo Temp Pro, La Pavoni Pro (V2.5), Niche Zero, Hario Skerton (modified), Hario mesh filter, French press

Got mine today as well.

I have calibrated it (fingertight with indexfinger and thumb), run some beans through (measured on the acaia since the cup is to heavy for my other 2 scales)

10.0 in 9,9 out

10.0 in 9,9 out

10.0 in 10.0 out

10.0 in 10.0 out

Made an espresso with the last grind (setting was 17) in my new Descent 10gr basket. The start of the pour was picture perfect in the naked portafilter, but then it went on way to fast, done at around 20 seconds. But I had to go out, so I will try again tomorrow with a tighter setting.

I also have to give it some space of it own on the countertop.

Both my wife and daughter really love the looks of it.

Some nice numbers you have Sir :)

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE