No warning email but mine turned up this afternoon. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might've been longer tbh. I looked at the built in timer and it said 68 seconds, before staring back at the bottom of the basket through the bottomless, waiting for some brown dots to appear..
Absolutely bonkers. Wish my tebe was capable of that. Right now any preinfusion is a byproduct of the vibe pump getting up to speed.
I could do the same on the La Pavoni by letting the water trickle into the grouphead instead of just lifting the lever up fully. All goes to show that the Niche can grind pretty damn fine.

Might have to try that with the pav.. I had an amazing shot with the Rianjangi a couple of days ago with a long-ish 24s pi and really sloooow 50s pull, best cap for ages. Can't wait to try the Niche with the Pavoni, hopefully tomorrow if dpd can get their act together.. sounds like it should be a great match.

Here's a better pic to give you some idea of scale..

30126999767_f97b1a71fb_b.jpg

The Niche doesn't quite fit under the EK, but it's pretty close.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

A smidge smaller than a Versalab M3, which is quite a compact grinder already.

44152869655_a408cb0e05_c.jpg

I've just had the top off and the outer burrs out. Took no time at all. Very little in the way of coffee inside the chamber.

Just calibrated it as well. Tightened finger tight, and then moved the ring with the white dot round to line up with the calibrate dot. Then wound back to a rough espresso setting. There's no way to lock the ring with the white dot on as it just clicks round like a watch bezel. I don't think it'll knock out of place as long as you turn the collar by the silver part.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Just calibrated it as well. Tightened finger tight, and then moved the ring with the white dot round to line up with the calibrate dot. Then wound back to a rough espresso setting. There's no way to lock the ring with the white dot on as it just clicks round like a watch bezel. I don't think it'll knock out of place as long as you turn the collar by the silver part.

Ah yes, there’s a manual. *raises specs*.

Thanks, after calibration a dark roast espresso is roughly in the middle of the espresso range. I’ll sleep better tonight.

Arrived in Australia super fast! Never received any shipping info so an unexpected delight.

The coffee corner now needs a re-organise!

Wow, that was quick. Am curious how long it’ll take to Norway now.

How does it compare to the Super Jolly? I would have thought that in your case re-organise would have meant “get rid of the ol’ Mazzer”.

Is everyone getting emails from DPD with delivery times? Did we establish if the contribution ID has any relationship to when it will come?

I'm 887.

I need to organise working from home on the day of delivery as I have no alternative addresses.

Is everyone getting emails from DPD with delivery times? Did we establish if the contribution ID has any relationship to when it will come?

I'm 887.

I need to organise working from home on the day of delivery as I have no alternative addresses.

Could you not get it delivered to your work address. I'm sure if you share your passion of coffee with your boss they may turn a blind eye
eea0a9be685985fbb5778c6df7693805.jpg

Damnit, the post room delivered to my desk and now it’s sitting there mocking me with its whiteness.

Did you order early when only white was available and then pay again for black later? I'd guess that there has been an admin error and perhaps all of the initial batch are white and black ones will arrive later.

Or maybe it is black in a white box as all of the boxes they have are marked white.

John

-

Did you order early when only white was available and then pay again for black later? I'd guess that there has been an admin error and perhaps all of the initial batch are white and black ones will arrive later.

Or maybe it is black in a white box as all of the boxes they have are marked white.

John

-

I don't think he is complaining about the colour, I think he just wishes he was at home so he could have a play with it.

The black ones go out today for delivery tomorrow as far as I know. The writing on the box is just marker pen.

Could you not get it delivered to your work address. I'm sure if you share your passion of coffee with your boss they may turn a blind eye

Nope, it's a government building and deliveries are no allowed.

I'm 887.

I didnt get any emails. Get the DPD app and it will let you know if they have your grinder and will let you arrange a specific day for delivery.

18fbced047d56d5708cf50b5147f06e9.png

Exciting times!

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group