fatboyslim

LSOL August - Foundry Coffee Roasters

Had my first espresso with this coffee today (pulled last night). Ratio was 16.5g to 36g in about 32s. Also pulled a different one for Mrs which was 16.6g to 47g in 25s. Mine was ok but think itv would have been better when fresher and more dilute. Mrs excitedly messaged me those morning to say hers was one of the best coffees she's had all year (and we visit a lot of coffee shops).

Instagram = @unolonu

@foundrycoffeeroasters.com will you be doing some kind of tasting pack of these? I'd love to try all three together! Can you give us a shout when they hit the webshop too? It's incredible.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

+1 on tasting packs.

that's 1 thing that would make me buy more coffee from you, yes please.

Yuxo09y.jpg

Had an AeroPress yesterday with these, and it was rather nice.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

+1 on tasting packs.

that's 1 thing that would make me buy more coffee from you, yes please.

With very approachable prices already and 15% UKCF discount, I can't see a reason why you can't just get full bags. I can't remember last time I had a bean from Foundry I didn't enjoy (as brewed).

@foundrycoffeeroasters.com will you be doing some kind of tasting pack of these? I'd love to try all three together! Can you give us a shout when they hit the webshop too? It's incredible.

We have looked into tasting packs in the past but by the time you've taken labour, packaging and postage costs into account, they didn't make a lot of sense for us.

This coffee will be launched on the webshop within a fortnight - I'll post here when they're up

With very approachable prices already and 15% UKCF discount, I can't see a reason why you can't just get full bags. I can't remember last time I had a bean from Foundry I didn't enjoy (as brewed).

because smaller bags means you get to try a greater variety of beans.

Yuxo09y.jpg

We have looked into tasting packs in the past but by the time you've taken labour, packaging and postage costs into account, they didn't make a lot of sense for us.

This coffee will be launched on the webshop within a fortnight - I'll post here when they're up

might be worth looking at it slightly differently.

how much would you need to change to make it work for you, is there demand at that price?

Yuxo09y.jpg

because smaller bags means you get to try a greater variety of beans.

I meant that their beans are very enjoyable and getting them for a decent price means you are not losing much out by getting a larger bag ;)

I have way too much coffee so I've been going for huge 16g brews. Yummy first brew but the flavours slightly different with the bigger dose.

2nd roast people brewed it up yet?

Personally I prefer smaller amounts of coffee in a bag because usually I'm just brewing coffee for myself and i enjoy variety. I like the idea of smaller bags or tasting selections. I understand though that it depends on logistics and the economics of it.

First espresso from this, guesstimated the grind and pretty much nailed it. Got the coke thing coming through slightly. 16g > 28.5g. Very warming taste (like a strong beer) and strong flavour you get from a natural. Made a flat white as well, and again this was no shrinking violet in the flavour department. For me, this is a filter/brewed bean as I'm finding it a bit too funky in milk. This may change as they rest more. It's certainly very nice, and Foundry have certainly hit the spot with this one. The smell coming from the bag is worth buying them alone.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I have way too much coffee so I've been going for huge 16g brews. Yummy first brew but the flavours slightly different with the bigger dose.

2nd roast people brewed it up yet?

Delicious coffee, not had a duff brew yet from the V60. Trying as a pour over made over ice this morning as per the Workshop method. Delicious, sweet and tasty. Might try again later and stick it through the Soda Stream...

2e7a06e6b811bbfd2d47647e13cf640c.jpg

ETA: This really is great via this method, I took the Feldgrind down from 2.3 to 2.1 for this, much cleaner taste than normal Iced coffee.

https://workshopcoffee.com/blogs/journal/brewing-iced-filter-coffee-at-home

Edited by Hairy_Hogg

Mr LSOL - February offering here -> Clicky <-

Having ushered Ian and the dog out the house, locked the door, switched the phone off, I was really looking forward to opening my bag of beans this afternoon. They were roasted on the 22nd (I know, I know, but I couldn't wait any longer) and collected from Foundry when we nipped in mid week (and had a cup of this at the time, I think)!

I didn't change the grind, I just thought I would see what happened. I went for 15g x 10s pi x 38s and got 38g in the cup, towards the end of the lever stopping actually. And the taste was gorgeous, I can see why cherry-cola/pina colada was mentioned, I seemed to get even more fruitiness that that even . . . sweet fruitiness, balanced . . . doh!, I wish I was better at describing taste.

Anyway, suffice to say I agree with everyone here - I love it :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Had my first flat white of this today, 18g in 37.5 out, hints of cherry and tropical fruit, very nice first thing

Has everyone finished this? I think not! Let's hear some more brew-stories, favourite brew method etc!

I've still got half a (frozen) kilo of this just waiting to be quaffed down. It's quite some ways to go until September's coffee

Barely into mine - wonderful cherry notes in flat white - 17grms > 36grms.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

I'm getting cherry, going to start tightening grind to try an get those tropical notes

This one ,from Foundry, is the best in this quartal (jun,jul,august).

Really all the for you guy's you are the till now...

And really interesting- this is also not only as espresso but as with milk one of the best taste!!

Using Tapatalk

Has everyone finished this? I think not! Let's hear some more brew-stories, favourite brew method etc!

I've still got half a (frozen) kilo of this just waiting to be quaffed down. It's quite some ways to go until September's coffee

Mine's all gone :( - and due to a bit of poor planning, I've had to buy emergency beans to cover the rest period for my latest order (Rave).

I'll be getting more of these Foundry ones when they appear on the site for sure!

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

I can only speak for espresso - it is gorgeous! I can't wait to buy more! Still got a bag in the freezer for this weekend though, thankfully :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I can only speak for espresso - it is gorgeous! I can't wait to buy more! Still got a bag in the freezer for this weekend though, thankfully :)
So you don't brewed?

So you don't brewed?

No! And please don't get me started . . . Oh go on then, where DO I start?!!

No! And please don't get me started . . . Oh go on then, where DO I start?!!

C'mon @MildredM spill the beans - you're among friends

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

C'mon @MildredM spill the beans - you're among friends

Nooo! I meant . , , where do I start!! actually though, don't get me started. If coffee and the associated equipment take up much more of my life I think Ian will be looking for a new wife!