IGNORED

My Mazzer Super Jolly Journey

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so I've been advised to have a thread for this so here it goes.   Purchased my SJ from the forum for a decent £130 delivered. Can't thank Nick enough for that and for it arriving safe and sound

I see what's happening here. I have an orange mazzer so I'm the first candidate lol.....   Do you have a price in mind? I would also need to have it turned down to fit my sage baskets (53.5mm)  

That's what I've heard. Kind of a pointless exercise unfortunately from what other members have mention. Fingers crossed you aren't too far off though and done sacrifice too many beans

Posted Images

If he's not happy atm, Isn't he going to be a little bit upset when you start making them to order?????

My gaffer is a she so will be even more cross when I call her a he haha. To be honest I get left alone. I do my jobs to keep her off my back and make sure I'm on the sites that she can't find. That way I get a bit of me time.

So is that you ordering one?!

• Like 1

Well this thing spanked me hard this morning. I've felt over the last few days that my shots were a little fast so I adjusted the grind by maybe 1 - 1.5 points on the dial. Big mistake.... I got about 8 grams out in a minute then the machine cut out!

I'd heard that you needed small adjustments but jeez that's crazy. Cue me desperately trying to get a decent shot while occupying two kids throwing breakfast at me! Safe to say the caffeine hit I was hoping for didn't quite work out this morning

Try again later.....

• Like 1
Well this thing spanked me hard this morning. I've felt over the last few days that my shots were a little fast so I adjusted the grind by maybe 1 - 1.5 points on the dial. Big mistake.... I got about 8 grams out in a minute then the machine cut out!

I'd heard that you needed small adjustments but jeez that's crazy. Cue me desperately trying to get a decent shot while occupying two kids throwing breakfast at me! Safe to say the caffeine hit I was hoping for didn't quite work out this morning

Try again later.....

Hahaha yeah 1 notch on the dial makes a whole world of a difference, only a few mm is enough to change shot time.

Noticed this today as well trying to dial my SJ in, slight adjustments make a massive difference - a lot different to what I had before

Fortunately I bought some cheap beans to use to get it right - 120 grams or so later I think I am getting there now

Will no doubt take some more adjustment when I am not using over roasted starbucks beans

Noticed this today as well trying to dial my SJ in, slight adjustments make a massive difference - a lot different to what I had before

Fortunately I bought some cheap beans to use to get it right - 120 grams or so later I think I am getting there now

Will no doubt take some more adjustment when I am not using over roasted starbucks beans

That's what I've heard. Kind of a pointless exercise unfortunately from what other members have mention. Fingers crossed you aren't too far off though and done sacrifice too many beans

• Like 1

Aye hopefully - at least I didn't go in with decent beans, and I now know what it takes to dial in the grind - SMALL adjustments FTW :D

Aye hopefully - at least I didn't go in with decent beans, and I now know what it takes to dial in the grind - SMALL adjustments FTW :D

What espresso machine do you have? Always nice to hear what people have paired the mazzer with

• Like 1
I did buy a sage but decided I would prefer a separate grinder and espresso machine so sent it back unused and got a second hand SJ to refurb

Take it you had the express. I have the DTP and love it. Just working on a 3-way valve mod for it

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
looking good - the distance between the level of the two mounting holes on the body and the bottom of the funnel is 60-65mm depending on how much you cut off the end of the funnel.

Ah ok I might be ok then. Just need this funnel to hurry up now

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, love these machine refurb threads. Nothing so satisfying as taking something that's well used and a little rough around the edges, and making it all shiny and new again. Great stuff.

.....With my sage grinder it would be bone dry but with this I think it's just going to be how it is unless I'm doing something wrong.....

Maybe you've already seen this - Interesting thread about grind particle size, weight of beans, single dosing, consistency.

You do realise I have two young children right? my projects have to take place between the hours of 22.00 and 23.00 haha.

Really like the mugHopper (keep the handle!). There is a danger that this ends up looking like lots of fun for sticky little fingers to play with.

You could get the elder sprog to make a Lego lid? Then put them to bed earlier!

Scales cradle. Problem is once I get the funnel mod done I'll be miles away from where I need to be. Rethink perhaps haha

Could suspend a spoon scale to weigh grinds out, or just use to weigh beans in.

Colour suggestion for the funnel - purple (as reflected by portafilter in scales picture above), combined with orange guaranteed to turn heads!

Could suspend a spoon scale to weigh grinds out, or just use to weigh beans in.

Colour suggestion for the funnel - purple (as reflected by portafilter in scales picture above), combined with orange guaranteed to turn heads!

Ha yes it would. Good spot! I need to crack on with this funnel mod but keep finding other projects to do

• Like 1

I love the bold colour and the teasing, two thoughts went through my head. The kind one was it will blend in with Le Creuset, the less kind one was to ask if you've wired it up to play the Hale and Pace ginger song when it starts grinding :act-up: