IGNORED

Sette 270W - Fail...

Oh dear - my Sette 270W has now developed a fault.

I thought I must be living on borrowed time after listening to all the other problems.

I got mine from Coffeehit. It's under warranty obviously, but what do you think the chances are of me being able to swap it for either the non-weigh version or something else? It is about 4 months old I think.

Need to talk to them today

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust. Really sorry to hear that, however, somewhat not a surprise.

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

it should be easy enough to ask for a refund then ask to contra that with a replacement non weigh

The advantage of being a Silver member....

Why oh why do people buy their grinders....the company is plagued with unreliability on grinders. They (the company) need a big wake up call.

Nothing here...

Mine was bought from HasBean and sent to CH when I had an issue. Grinder was sent back to me still with the same fault and then I got in touch with HasBean to get a refund. I have to say, the service from both HasBean and Coffee Hit (despite not being able to fix it) was great.

we should start a poll to see how many Settes have failed...

• Like 1

Well - Coffeehit have been brilliant on this. They admitted via email that there have been issues with the 270W and offered me a replacement, repair or refund. My choice.

I am choosing a refund, but what now to buy??

Are the failings on with the 'W' model or also the regular 270?

seem to be with the weigh model

The advantage of being a Silver member....

Replacement grinder now bought and in my hands - Fiorenzato F64 Evo. Just sorting a small hopper for it but initial signs are v good.

Once again - coffeehit have been excellent to deal with over the Sette

• Like 1

Funny that so many Baratza fanboys on forums keep recommending these plastic doorstops over and over and over... who gives a damn about grind quality when it will certainly be short lived. I want something that grinds good/consistently and lasts for years, not months at best.

Well I was one of those but no more! The basic grind is good on the Sette but why they used such cheap materials is beyond me
To keep the price down.....
  • Like 1

I've seen nothing to suggest the serious problems can't be resolved. That said, it does seem to be taking them a really long time to get it all sorted. Will have a brilliant grinder for the price if they ever manage to. Lesson of the day, don't be the guinea pig. Guinea pigs get slaughtered. ;-)

I've seen nothing to suggest the serious problems can't be resolved. That said, it does seem to be taking them a really long time to get it all sorted. Will have a brilliant grinder for the price if they ever manage to. Lesson of the day, don't be the guinea pig. Guinea pigs get slaughtered. ;-)

not do much slaughtered as placed on a silver throne that turns out to be plastic with gilding and lacks any significant metal content ;-)

The settee could be a great grinder but wait for the mk2 or better still the mk3

• Like 1
But it's not as if they are offering a premium version of it with proper build quality. A real shame in my eyes
I don't see your point. Presumably they had for a price point they want wanted to hit, For them home Market. Presumably they thought they had done This and made a grinder for for purpose. User end experience suggests not consistently..

Not sure how a non plastic premium version would fit in. The forte is around 8-900 and as a result home users baulk at its price.

• Like 1

I suppose what was in my mind is that the grinder makes nice coffee @ £500 but isn't of sufficient quality to last a year of home use.

If there was an option to pay £100 or £150 more for it, putting it in direct price competition with an Atom, for example, but with the weighing USP, and obviously having more industrial build quality, then that would maybe move them into a new market place.

Fundementally I think the burr design and execution does make nice coffee - just the longevity of it is the problem

• Like 1

Under that proposition why would any on seen trust buying the cheaper version. I don't know. What their failure rate is and why. None of us do.. Some will be due to user error, some quality issues. Ultimately if enough get returned then you would think it becomes unrealistic and unprofitable for resellers to stock them.

But it's not as if they are offering a premium version of it with proper build quality. A real shame in my eyes

http://etzinger-ag.com/en

They developed the burr carrier (and I think the burrs) the Sette uses.

No idea on how good it is, haven't heard of any out in the wild yet.

I'm not a fan of how it looks either, but then I feel that way about a lot of grinders.

Exact same thing happened to me Itguy. I ended up with an ATOM which is just ten times better than the Sette. How's the Fiorenzato working out for you? What were the other contenders on your shopping list?

Sorry to hear that.

Although ive had the Fiorenzato delivered, I've not used it yet apart from just running 250g of Aldi beans through it to test it works. Reason being - I'm actually on holiday in Cornwall and got it delivered here!! Back home on Sunday so can give it a proper go then.