joey24dirt

DTP Owners Club

@lelykins what scales are those? I think mine are starting to give up so may need to order new soon

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

They're a bit of a faf really. Actually bought them for weighing air rifle pellets (I know, sad) in grains. They only weigh up to 100g. So probably not that suitable.

@joey24dirt how did you get the bottomless portafilter? Is this something you did yourself? If so are you interested in charging for people to send their portafilters to you to be made bottomless? :o

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

They're a bit of a faf really. Actually bought them for weighing air rifle pellets (I know, sad) in grains. They only weigh up to 100g. So probably not that suitable.

Ok cool I have an old BSA meteor that I restored up in the gun safe

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

@joey24dirt how did you get the bottomless portafilter? Is this something you did yourself? If so are you interested in charging for people to send their portafilters to you to be made bottomless? :o

Hi yes I had the machined out at work. I just bought a spare from sage then used my old one to convert. I did think about maybe offering some sort of service but not too sure. Mine certainly isn't perfect so I would hate for people to be unhappy.

I do however have some contacts at machining firms locally that we used for more detailed work. They've just converted a 58mm OCD knock off distributor to 53.5 for me so I might be able to work something out. I'd maybe need a decent amount to do in one hit. I even thought about buying a load and converting but don't have that much spare cash lol

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hi yes I had the machined out at work. I just bought a spare from sage then used my old one to convert. I did think about maybe offering some sort of service but not too sure. Mine certainly isn't perfect so I would hate for people to be unhappy.

I do however have some contacts at machining firms locally that we used for more detailed work. They've just converted a 58mm OCD knock off distributor to 53.5 for me so I might be able to work something out. I'd maybe need a decent amount to do in one hit. I even thought about buying a load and converting but don't have that much spare cash lol

Well if you ever do decided to start you have a customer!

My DTP setup

IMG_0532.jpg

I'll have a look into it. We have just had the lathe spruced up a little bit at work so I've been waiting for that to be finished. It's also a strange place my work. We are meant to have training modules on certain equipment. As I haven't got the "official" work module I'm not supposed to use it. Of course there aren't any gaffers in on a weekend though

I'll keep you posted though

@SkateReclaimCreate

de294f7720d76d301b57c2175247e3ca.jpg

@Rakesh this is how my funnel started life

@SkateReclaimCreate

My DTP setup

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28021[/ATTACH]

Nice coffee bar

@SkateReclaimCreate

Ok cool I have an old BSA meteor that I restored up in the gun safe

BSA Meteor! Aaah!! I restored one when I was about 10. I think it's still at my Mums house.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

+1 for that

ECM Mechanika V Slim / Eureka Mignon MK2 / Wilfa Svart grinder

I don't know if I mentioned before but to buy them from sagethey cost £37-£38 delivered. With an additional double basket it's just over £40. It's a shame they won't be able to offer bulk discount on a load of them.

@SkateReclaimCreate

I've just made my best espresso to date . So I ground up 18g of this delicious Rwanda in the pf. Piled towards the centre then give the OCD knock-off a few spins. Good solid tamp and away we go. 1:2 and bang on 30 seconds. I don't usually pay too much attention to the time if I'm honest, as long as it's not getting ridiculous. Very tasty although I'm still rubbish at picking out the different notes. Thought I had a hint of citrus but who knows

@SkateReclaimCreate

Nice one Joey - great making progress isn't it.

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Nice one Joey - great making progress isn't it.

Thank you it really is. I think I'll stick at these beans for a while just so I can't get to know them and hopefully start to pick up a few more lessons along the way. We'll see

@SkateReclaimCreate

Thank you it really is. I think I'll stick at these beans for a while just so I can't get to know them and hopefully start to pick up a few more lessons along the way. We'll see

That's what I do now, fill the hopper half full with the same bean - it's a better way to learn isn't it ;-)

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

That's what I do now, fill the hopper half full with the same bean - it's a better way to learn isn't it ;-)

Well I started weighing beans in so I knew what I had, then I got lazy and would let the auto function just give me whatever but yeah I'm probably best sticking to weighing them.

I was considering modding my grinder so I could have integrated scales lol

@SkateReclaimCreate

I've just made my best espresso to date . So I ground up 18g of this delicious Rwanda in the pf. Piled towards the centre then give the OCD knock-off a few spins. Good solid tamp and away we go. 1:2 and bang on 30 seconds. I don't usually pay too much attention to the time if I'm honest, as long as it's not getting ridiculous. Very tasty although I'm still rubbish at picking out the different notes. Thought I had a hint of citrus but who knows

whre did you get the knock OCD from? Didn't realise they made them in 54mm.

whre did you get the knock OCD from? Didn't realise they made them in 54mm.

I bought a cheap OCD copy that was 58mm and had it machined down to 53.5mm to fit the Sage baskets

@SkateReclaimCreate

Money shot right there. Possibly ran it too long, even though it was a 1:2 ratio.

Not really sure. Thoughts please from the experts

@SkateReclaimCreate

Looks good joey :)

have you you found a big difference in taste with the naked portafilter?

ive got a DTP with a eureka mignon.

looking at calebrated tampers ATM, does everyone think they are worth the money? Not sure how hard to tamp

Looks good joey :)

have you you found a big difference in taste with the naked portafilter?

ive got a DTP with a eureka mignon.

looking at calebrated tampers ATM, does everyone think they are worth the money? Not sure how hard to tamp

I've found that too much emphasis is put on tamping. Distribution is often overlooked.

Provided your distribution is good tamp level, vertical pressure, until you feel the puck is firm and 'pushes back'.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Money shot right there. Possibly ran it too long, even though it was a 1:2 ratio.

Not really sure. Thoughts please from the experts

Looks good mate, most importantly how did it taste?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Looks good mate, most importantly how did it taste?

It tasted good yeah. I've had a few not so good ones since so technique issues I think haha. Keep trying.....

@SkateReclaimCreate