rws

Gaggia brass shower plate holder

I've been on the lookout for one of these for ages as the aluminium dispersion plate on my Classic has seen better days. They have previously been offered for a very good price by forum members, but this is the best offer I've seen from an online shop:

http://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/Gaggia-Brass-Shower-Plate-Holder-57x14mm---WGA16G1002/m-1976.aspx

Good prices on other bits too from what I've seen.

That's where I got mine and probably as cheap as your going to get one.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Does it make a big difference when fitted on a Classic?

Espresso: Gaggia Classic (2002) w/ MrShades PID / Fiorenzato F5 - Filter: Rhino hand grinder / Aeropress / V60

Wont make a massive difference but will help maintain a steadier heat

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

What is the reason for this mod. I have noticed my shower plate holder always leaves a metallic residue when wet and seems to be dissolving when cleaned using Cafiza. Wondering if this needs swapping out?

What is the reason for this mod. I have noticed my shower plate holder always leaves a metallic residue when wet and seems to be dissolving when cleaned using Cafiza. Wondering if this needs swapping out?

Yes it does , for those reasons:good:

I got mine from there too along with a 200 micron IMS shower screen & a couple blue silicon grouphead gaskets. You don't get screws with any of that however so if you want/need shiny new replacements you have to order them separately.

The benefits are pretty much as previously stated being brass not aly.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Nowhere couldn't find this

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

Nowhere couldn't find this
Here you go.

Keep an eye of theespressoshop. Every few weeks they come in stock

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

this is the one with 6 holes. On ebay, one of the buyers commented this design cause jetting. I believe the hole on the left lining up to the water exit (or at least very close) on group head. I might be wrong tho. I have the classic 4 hole design brass plate and it is ace.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

this is the one with 6 holes. On ebay, one of the buyers commented this design cause jetting. I believe the hole on the left lining up to the water exit (or at least very close) on group head. I might be wrong tho. I have the classic 4 hole design brass plate and it is ace.
I'm sure I saw one previously with grub screws in 2 of the holes for when using in a domestic machine but can't find it now. It might have been an ebay listing that isn't there any more.

Espresso shop have em back in stock fyi

Ordered one and the ims shower screen

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Just received two brass shower plate holders. Will test them tomorrow, although I still don't have IMS screens. Step by step upgrades :)

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

Ahh thats a shame
What is?

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

Apologies to revive the old thread, I'm looking to get a new shower plate holder as mine certainly has seen better days, evidence of corrosion seen after some cafiza.

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the commercial (6 hole?) vs the normal 4 hole brass shower holder plate? from the pictures, it looks like the 4-hole one has larger diameter holes, whereas the 6-hole one has smaller holes. Would the smaller holes not cause jetting? or am i overthinking this.

Thanks, Egglet

links below:

commercial 6-hole https://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/GB/Gaggia-Commercial-Shower-Plate-Holder-57x14mm-OEM---WGA16G1002/m-3611.aspx?PartnerID=22&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhPfkBRD0ARIsAAcYycFzyx2g8sQazEMdrmz8qA_-gkODijobGfvbxB-jgdpdlVdfKbywH9caAt6IEALw_wcB

normal 4-hole https://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/Gaggia-Brass-Shower-Plate-Holder-57x14mm---WGA16G1002-Reviews/r-1976.aspx

The six smaller holes probably equate to the same surface area as the four larger ones in the other plate giving the same flow through the plate but a more uniform spread.

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

Awesome yes that does answer my question. must've skipped it when I was trying to find threads on it.

Thanks for your help! Egglet.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)