IGNORED

Londinium Compact (LC) is available soon

5 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

He did mention the Compact though, so it does sound like they are trying to get ready for having a more “accessibly” priced machine that brings in a lot more custom.

Agree. Londinium need a cheaper version now that the L R 24 is priced at £3,700 which puts it beyond the reach of most buyers. 

• Like 3

Norėčiau juodos kavos

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Short answer yes, I believe that a prototype will be out in the wild this side of Christmas!

Images have been released have you not seen?                                 

You can get exceptionally tasting shots from both. Every time from the L-R. Most of the time from the LaPav. Seeings as its such a horrid day and I have a spare half an hour I will fire up the Pavoni

Posted Images

12 hours ago, steveholt said:

I'm still keeping a close eye in this. If brexit doesn't kill the price point for the EU and if it delivers a decent level of performance in a compact footprint i will find this tough to resist.

……

Is the LC looking like as simple a machine as the early L1s? 

Simpler, no hot water tap. No automatic refill. No spring. From what I've read, it seems rather like a La Pavoni with a 56mm group. 

1 minute ago, mathof said:

Simpler, no hot water tap. No automatic refill. No spring. From what I've read, it seems rather like a La Pavoni with a 56mm group. 

Really?how do you know this?  Quite different from the original proposition then? 
58mm PF, spring lever. 

if the above is true, then all of a sudden this is no longer something even worth contemplating. Not for me at least. 

from the Londinium forum 24th June 2020:

https://londiniumespresso.com/blog

8DF98102-170E-4001-8F5B-F737DD4DFC8A.jpeg

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Its like a conspiracy 😂 

I dont get all the hidden stuff around it, surely a manufacturer would get detail out as quick as poss to hype peopl up. 

Sounds like the demand is there, 

Way too early for this sh...

10 hours ago, coffeechap said:

Indeed

Spring lever?

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

3 hours ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Something is working. This thread that contains diddly squat in terms of hard info is eight pages long and counting.

I am sure that when the first one actually exists, everyone one will know all the facts.

3 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Spring lever?

Possibly summer or Autumn, I would have thought Spring is a little early now for the product launch.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Nothing here...

17 hours ago, mathof said:

In the years this was an idea I thought it was a 58mm spring lever machine, for about a grand, due in 2018/2022. 

If i could get one by July 2021 I could take it on holidays with me actually. A man can dream. 

4 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Spring lever?

41 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Penny has only just dropped. I salute you🤣

It wasn’t intended. It was a genuine question. And yeah, unintentionally funny. I take the credit. 😊

as Dave says, correctly, best to keep off this thread and see when the first one is out. Then we will know for sure. At the moment, everything seems purely speculation. He only thing we know, after 8 pages, is that it will be a compact machine, A4 size, 58mm group and a spring lever, according to Londinium.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

It wasn’t intended. It was a genuine question. And yeah, unintentionally funny. I take the credit. 😊

as Dave says, correctly, best to keep off this thread and see when the first one is out. Then we will know for sure. At the moment, everything seems purely speculation. He only thing we know, after 8 pages, is that it will be a compact machine, A4 size, 58mm group and a spring lever, according to Londinium.

Well my last post on this subject, so we don't derail the thread completely....

giphy.gif

"And that's all I have to say about that" :Forest Gump

• Like 1

Nothing here...

18 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Really?how do you know this?  Quite different from the original proposition then? 
58mm PF, spring lever. 

if the above is true, then all of a sudden this is no longer something even worth contemplating. Not for me at least. 

from the Londinium forum 24th June 2020:

https://londiniumespresso.com/blog

8DF98102-170E-4001-8F5B-F737DD4DFC8A.jpeg

My bad! Sorry. Yes, a spring-driven piston is part of the original announcement. Brain fail!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s really exciting, finally something less abstract / more concrete from Londinium. So it seems like it will be a “spring lever” after all [emoji6] - at least on the seasonal sense of things. [emoji6].

Not confirmed in the statement whether it will be a 58mm spring lever in the group sense of things nor the intended price, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• DavecUK locked and unlocked this topic