Well this won't last long!

£50 for a europiccola in apparent working order!

Pre-mil by the looks of it. There's a lot of corrosion on the black base, but at that price you would just buy a new chrome one to fit on it. If this were in my local area I would jump on it.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/coffee-machines/il-pavoni-euro-picolo-coffee-machine/1250367287

Damn - wish I was closer as I need a new project.

A machine, a grinder & some beans

I managed to purchase it, hands off !

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

I managed to purchase it, hands off !

Nice one... Did you get him to post it?

Nice one... Did you get him to post it?

I have arranged for a door- door courier service so hope everything comes in one piece. Wanted a small side project and to get a taste of the lever world. I was so tempted by yours, it looks pristine.

You can still buy mine and keep it for best! :D

You will enjoy yourself I am sure... I am really enjoying getting to know the machine, build wise they are pretty simple and obviously there is a lot of info online regarding stripping/rebuilding and espresso making which helps... I think the espresso making will be the most challenging part... top tip! persevere with it! You will get there eventually if you stick with it. I dont know what you are used to but you will notice a difference with your coffee making, plus I also found because of the smaller shots I am drinking little and often as opposed to previously making a huge cup once or twice a day.. quality not quantity possibly? As weird as it may sound I actually get a bit of a buzz when I step up to make a coffee! May be I'm drinking too much coffee.. the doctor did warn me!?

EDIT: I'm making it sound like I have "cracked" making coffee on the La Pavoni which I havn't by a million miles... but It's getting easier and a bit more predictable shall we say!

Edited by russe11

I was also considering getting that at that price but didn't get round to emailing him lol

I was also considering getting that at that price but didn't get round to emailing him lol

"He who dares Rodney"!

I have arranged for a door- door courier service so hope everything comes in one piece. Wanted a small side project and to get a taste of the lever world. I was so tempted by yours, it looks pristine.

good on ya, I considered asking but was a bit wary of sending money to a new user on Gumtree (not much of a risk at £50 tho)

out of interest, which courier service did you use and how much does it cost?

You can still buy mine and keep it for best! :D

You will enjoy yourself I am sure... I am really enjoying getting to know the machine, build wise they are pretty simple and obviously there is a lot of info online regarding stripping/rebuilding and espresso making which helps... I think the espresso making will be the most challenging part... top tip! persevere with it! You will get there eventually if you stick with it. I dont know what you are used to but you will notice a difference with your coffee making, plus I also found because of the smaller shots I am drinking little and often as opposed to previously making a huge cup once or twice a day.. quality not quantity possibly? As weird as it may sound I actually get a bit of a buzz when I step up to make a coffee! May be I'm drinking too much coffee.. the doctor did warn me!?

EDIT: I'm making it sound like I have "cracked" making coffee on the La Pavoni which I havn't by a million miles... but It's getting easier and a bit more predictable shall we say!

You know what, I'm a bit of a sadomasochist in that respect... I secretly love it when things go wrong and I get to pull apart a coffee machine, a bicycle, my current dripping shower... actually definitely no to that last one. Probably shouldn't be jinxing it before receiving it and ending up with a lemon !

I'll update you.

I've used my cousin's la pav professional previously and I can confirm it will require years to master, all part of the fun. I will have to pick your brains at some point to have a chance at getting glorious shots like yours.

Did you find you had to cram the double basket till it actually made contact with the site screen? And in terms of warm up is 15 min with a flush to get it going ample?

The only reason I couldn't go for yours was that it looks immaculate, and that would class as an additional coffee machine in the house bringing the count up to 4 plus syphons, kettles.. whereas a dilapidated one is a 'project' and I'll get less stick from SWMBO.

good on ya, I considered asking but was a bit wary of sending money to a new user on Gumtree (not much of a risk at £50 tho)

out of interest, which courier service did you use and how much does it cost?

Well, £50 will still sting... However the person at least over text seems decent and at least having his bank details and address I have some security...

I looked through few courier options but I decided on parcelforce as their exclusion criteria and prohibited items do not include coffee machines like some of the other ones and you get £100 cover included. Cost wise for the 48hr delivery it comes to around £18 as it's a relatively light machine.

The only reason I couldn't go for yours was that it looks immaculate, and that would class as an additional coffee machine in the house bringing the count up to 4 plus syphons, kettles.. whereas a dilapidated one is a 'project' and I'll get less stick from SWMBO.

This could be me talking! LOL Oh so true... It doesnt count if it's in pieces!

Its more fun to bring a machine back up to scratch - it gives you a better understanding of its workings and for £50 a bargain!

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

I've used my cousin's la pav professional previously and I can confirm it will require years to master, all part of the fun. I will have to pick your brains at some point to have a chance at getting glorious shots like yours.

Did you find you had to cram the double basket till it actually made contact with the site screen? And in terms of warm up is 15 min with a flush to get it going ample?

@christos_geo

I get 30g coffee out per 15g in the basket 1 - 2. You dont want it filled to the brim as it will create too much pressure and you will be fighting to pull the lever. I think there's usually about 5mm from top of tamped coffee to top of basket...

Did you take delivery of machine yet? More's the point did you manage to keep it hidden without mrs seeing it!?

@christos_geo

I get 30g coffee out per 15g in the basket 1 - 2. You dont want it filled to the brim as it will create too much pressure and you will be fighting to pull the lever. I think there's usually about 5mm from top of tamped coffee to top of basket...

Did you take delivery of machine yet? More's the point did you manage to keep it hidden without mrs seeing it!?

Thanks for that! Indeed I did. Restoration thread coming soon, if I ever manage to leave work. .

Hard to keep it hidden, I don't know if it was my shifty look or the smell of rust that filled the house when I opened the box

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)