Which camera

Zorki-4, 1962. Re-skinned with a custom skin too.

dc8ceba24d1e249cceec3bd8fb0b1ed5.jpg

c5a757dab1ddac5968fd5df94c04186f.jpg

ba71be6a2891e6525a25812cd4c9b97e.jpg

Want

I think I’d be selling my kidneys first before selling this camera ;).

I paid around £25 c. 7 years ago from a mate who works in a studio.

The 10 mm is a nice one too

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

I’ve been quiet lately. Apparently, spraining both ankles makes you pretty much incapable of walking. Who knew...

First hillwalk after 4 week recovery (i.e. rest and eat). A small hill won’t hurt.

Ben A’an

4b1451a04d7861d97039606f1f7bec75.jpg

The Devil’s Pulpit

bf66f59416fd93bcc1073ad9acc148e2.jpg

I’ve been quiet lately. Apparently, spraining both ankles makes you pretty much incapable of walking. Who knew...

First hillwalk after 4 week recovery (i.e. rest and eat). A small hill won’t hurt.

Ben A’an

4b1451a04d7861d97039606f1f7bec75.jpg

The Devil’s Pulpit

bf66f59416fd93bcc1073ad9acc148e2.jpg

That landscape is impressive. Any chance to view the high res image? What focal length/lens did you use? I'm trying to up my landscape game at the moment.

That landscape is impressive. Any chance to view the high res image? What focal length/lens did you use? I'm trying to up my landscape game at the moment.

Thanks. Yeah, I’ll PM a link in a moment.

You’ll be surprised that I chose a fixed prime camera (Fujifilm x100f, 35mm focal length on FF) as my do-it-all camera. Mainly travel/hillwalking/climbing, really. I knew that will work as I used 17mm+60mm (34mm/120mm FF eq) combo on a MFT body and then went for 12-40mm (24-80mm FF eq). Even then, I was always aiming for the widest angle available, but then I looked through the photos and I found that my best photos were always made with a 35mm eq. lens. Not that I’m a great photographer, but... I am past the stage of carrying a DSLR, flash and multiple lenses when I was working as one. So having one prime lens was a decision.

What system are you on?

You’ll be surprised that I chose a fixed prime camera (Fujifilm x100f, 35mm focal length on FF) as my do-it-all camera. Mainly travel/hillwalking/climbing, really. I knew that will work as I used 17mm+60mm (34mm/120mm FF eq) combo on a MFT body and then went for 12-40mm (24-80mm FF eq). Even then, I was always aiming for the widest angle available, but then I looked through the photos and I found that my best photos were always made with a 35mm eq. lens. Not that I’m a great photographer, but... I am past the stage of carrying a DSLR, flash and multiple lenses when I was working as one. So having one prime lens was a decision.

What system are you on?

Also MFT, lumix gx80. I have a 14-140 (28-280) and a 25 (50) at the moment but I often find 28mm (FF) is not wide enough. I'm looking at either the Samyang 10mm F/2.8 or 12mm F/2, or the Leica 8-18 if I suddenly win the lottery :D

The edge-to-edge sharpness on the Leica is dreamy

What system are you on?

With you on the 35mm, its my go to lens on the OM2, and 35 ish equivalent on the Mamiya , the Sony has a fixed 35mm on it now . Only really use 50 mm when i need a fast lens or dabble with street portraits.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Also MFT, lumix gx80. I have a 14-140 (28-280) and a 25 (50) at the moment but I often find 28mm (FF) is not wide enough. I'm looking at either the Samyang 10mm F/2.8 or 12mm F/2, or the Leica 8-18 if I suddenly win the lottery :D

I wanted to stay within MFT as I believe MFT sensors are the best compromise between quality/DOF/size. I loved the Olympus 12-40mm lens, but then it’s big and heavy. Size of 2-3 MFT primes, maybe?

I couldn’t find any MFT lens I fancied for landscapes. I could have went back to Lumix 17mm F2.8 pancake which is still one of my favourite lens, but... I made a mistake selling it.

I will just reiterate that I love a single prime lens idea. I usually don’t have the luxury of carrying multiple lens and changing them on the go. That is not the case for many.

Wide gets wide quick 24mm is plenty wide for me , Beyond that 17-18 mm get a bit weird and wide quickly ....

the 12mm wouldn't be a bad choice.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

the windstorm is coming (full-res)

K52S9078-HDR-Pano.jpg

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Just a second layer this season, according to long term observations the third is there to stay all winter

Good recovery! I had done that to just one ankle this autumn and it was really annoying..The chronic instability is a real threat, a friend has it on both..says they're very jelly like

Edited by Stanic
Spelling

Good recovery! I had done that to just one ankle this autumn and it was really annoying..The chronic instability is a real threat, a friend has it on both..says they're very jelly like

Yeah, it’s surprisingly good given that I couldn’t bear weight, spent a week at home with crutches on.

I had partially torn ACL that was revealed by an MRI scan 6 months post injury. I was stupid 17 y.o., thinking I’ll be fine soon. Yeah, 2 years later I got back to normal.

ooooohhhh we doing cameras and photos :)

Heres some photos:

https://500px.com/craigsalisbury

and my current pride and joy.....no you cant have my lens hood for your grinder :)

nice pics, nice panoramas! the camera is very sweet, do you have a digital back for it maybe?

few pics from me..

Kuznice, Tatry, Poland

01.jpg

Povazska Bystrica, Slovakia, my home town

02.jpg

Zakopane, a very light dusting

03.jpg

nice pics, nice panoramas! the camera is very sweet, do you have a digital back for it maybe?

no, straight up film. I have always had a rather dirty love affair with film, The days are gone of carrying a Nikon D4 or even fuji X-series cameras. I keep finding myself returning to my beloved medium format 120. I use a google pixel for anything else, because....well.. lifes too short lol

PS, i think most if not all on 500px are digital with various cameras.

Nice snow shot, looks like you placed the good stuff slap bang in zone8!!!

"Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

no, straight up film. I have always had a rather dirty love affair with film, The days are gone of carrying a Nikon D4 or even fuji X-series cameras. I keep finding myself returning to my beloved medium format 120. I use a google pixel for anything else, because....well.. lifes too short lol

PS, i think most if not all on 500px are digital with various cameras.

Nice snow shot, looks like you placed the good stuff slap bang in zone8!!!

thanks! I'm trying :)

yeah I've got all b&w stuff including developing and making prints but I don't really play with it anymore..the 120 mm Ljubitjel was my first camera :) also have Pentacon Six and some 35 mm stuff

thanks! I'm trying :)

yeah I've got all b&w stuff including developing and making prints but I don't really play with it anymore..the 120 mm Ljubitjel was my first camera :) also have Pentacon Six and some 35 mm stuff

i cant stop playing :) if it werent for buying a damn coffee machine, id be buying a leica M6 :) i do all my own development and scanning but I dont have the facilities for printing :( very much looking forward to playing with my daughters christmas present....a new polaroid one step 2 (she's 9, so start 'em early:) )

think my first camera was an Ftn, bulky thing, think my fav 35mm slr has to be the OM1. do love 120 stuff, but its just a pain to carry around so i only use it if im going out to get specific planned shots

oh yeah, I remember particularly well one hike with Pentacon, metering pentaprism, 50 mm and 80 mm lenses and tripod up a steep rocky ledge..the view was good :D

oh yeah, I remember particularly well one hike with Pentacon, metering pentaprism, 50 mm and 80 mm lenses and tripod up a steep rocky ledge..the view was good :D

haha i know that feeling, especially on days out carrying 5-6kgs of camera and lenses can ruin the fun.