This was my pride & joy, and I sold it because I rarely used it.. Wish I'd kept it now

Not tempted by the digital version??

Only £20=30K

Not tempted by the digital version??

Only £20=30K

Was messing around scanning medium format film today, getting file sizes bigger than my Sony A7rii , 250mb plus tiff files...

Who needs digital :)

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

009b2304b479fe31578491e6ae3ea47a.jpg

A shot from last weekend...

Where's that taken @PPapa

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Where's that taken @PPapa

Gleann Ach-innis Chalein (Auch Glen) from Beinn Mhanach. :)

Gleann Ach-innis Chalein (Auch Glen) from Beinn Mhanach. :)

It really is stunning . . . my eye is drawn to the silvery water, then to the little house. Wonderful photo :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Very nice! I'd be interested to see the colour version. Did you convert to grayscale in LR/PS?

What focal length was this taken at?

Very nice! I'd be interested to see the colour version. Did you convert to grayscale in LR/PS?

What focal length was this taken at?

Its a series of photos stitched together in lightroom.

Portrait orientated shots, taken with my 24-70 zoom .

Converted in Lightroom and tweaked ..

Instagram - rjw_inc

Seeing as how this is my camera thread, I should say that I ditched the lumix 25mm (50mm in full frame) F/1.7 and got the Leica F/1.4. A totally amazing lensafa20d349dd24874ed5f1c2aae2fc11d.jpg

I do think a share your photo thread should be started.

Cant log into imgur for now so this might get condensed.

Cant get the bb code so you'll have to cluck on link to see in full def

Ukusa Chugoku 1.10.2017 https://imgur.com/gallery/0y1H5

Taken on my phone today, sony xperia z3

F2 : 1/400s : ISO 50

_20171001_141441.jpg

looking at the town of Zakopane from south

K52S7094-Pano.jpg

and the whole area with the Podhale valley and High Tatra mountains from north

K52S7129-Pano.jpg

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Few more shots. Glen Coe this time. One of my most favourite places :)

22fcfd3a29b61665f3a141528198b155.jpg

97c37554702deb21e012c9b00970097c.jpg

7a951d147b71b5315587c68484430b23.jpg

Where is the 'Love This' button when you want it. Fabulous photos, really special :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I was fooling around with the Samyang 8mm/3,5 fisheye lens, the light pollution around here is terrible

67 seconds @ f/8, ISO 800

K52S7945.jpg

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

I was fooling around with the Samyang 8mm/3,5 fisheye lens, the light pollution around here is terrible

67 seconds @ f/8, ISO 800

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29927[/ATTACH]

Ah I've been considering that very lens. I'm looking for a nice wide angle lens for landscapes but wasn't sure if fisheye is what I want.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that lens.

I just got my new lens! It's a 200mm F/3.5 Hoya lens from the old Olympus Zuiko OM film SLR mount...with a £15 adapter. The lens itself was £30 :)

First impressions are that the image sharpness in the centre is excellent with lovely bokeh on closer objects.

23668931_10159547125685183_6354086381482177390_o.jpg

Probably a bit late to answer the first post. I became rather fed up of carrying a DSLR around. On that score I've had both of the usual makes but found that the Nikon D7xxxx to be the best all round camera but favoured Canon bodies from the control point of view. Nikon managed to produce better sensors than Canon who don't really offer an equivalent to the 7xxx range. The new D80 gets close and is small for a crop camera.

I bit the bullet and changed to M 4/3. I bought a used Olympus E-PL1 first to try it out. In some ways that model is a terrible camera but most owners learn to love it. Then came an E-P3, huge improvement even in terms of sensor performance. Many reviews knock the plastic kit lens that comes with these models usually because of the section in them that seems to be a rather loose fit. None of the reviewers noticed that it tightens up when the camera is turned on. It's actually an excellent chunk of glass. Then came an E-M5 followed by the E-M1. I'm totally sold on the format. All of these can be bought used for very good prices and it's possible to get shutter counts out of them. The E-M5 in particular is capable and also compact. That model uses a Sony sensor. ;) Buy a new MKII E-M1. Maybe but probably not. I still use the E-P3 at times and the E-M5 serves as a spare body. In some ways the E-M5 is my favourite as it's smaller and lighter than the E-M1.

Why Olympus - well initially Panasonic put out some poor quality lenses that were not up to the standard that the format can achieve. It gains because the format is smaller which effectively means that it can match the resolution of crop dslr's. I also appreciate the programmable buttons options Oly offer. The only problem with Olympus is that they have chosen to make their Pro lenses fast,heavy and rather expensive so in some cases I have bought Panasonic lenses. The other problem with both is macro work on insects. Something I like to do when I can. The focal lengths both makes offer are too short which means that the working distances are much too short really. I use the 75-300mm zoom lens with an achromatic close up lens on it to get round that and can generally work from around 300mm. Not entirely happy as focusing is difficult so plenty of shots get wasted. I usually take 3 or 4 and generally get 1 decent one.

I've played around with adapters and old lenses. More or less given up on it. Focusing is difficult and best achieved via a magnified view and the resolution of the lenses is not up to M 4/3 standards anyway. ;) I am a pixel peeper though. The problem with using a magnified view is the amount needed to get a near pixel level view, can't be too sure what's actually in the frame any more. I've mostly tried this with telephoto lenses though making it even trickier. I even tried a 500mm mirror lens. Also a 100mm Pentax macro lens using a magnified view.

There should be shots taken with all of them on here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums

However I also sometimes upload junk and may take 2 shots of the same thing if I think I am going to have dynamic range problems so one will be over and the other under exposed. I bought an 80D and Sigma macro lens purely for macro work but have had little chances to use it - just to see if a dslr offers any advantage. Also tried it for general work but feel it doesn't really offer any advantage over M 4/3.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

If my Olympus E-M5 II didn’t break three times in a year, yeah, it’s a great camera.

But then it has seen some abuse.

5f6de0719fe54528123989040539c4c2.jpg

Ah, that good feeling...

d04145473f9b4aa6fcc6559f13cf3989.jpg

When I returned E-M5 II, I couldn’t make up my mind between Fuji X-E3 and X100F - the former wasn’t released, so took time and shot film meanwhile.

3ab850c165cc694b276ab4c629aa7ab5.jpg

331419b465ef39fc48113d6475531b6c.jpg

0c6e38c0b71f6f793804ed403baad209.jpg

hey, nice pics!

the samyang fisheye lenses are among the best and cheapest fisheye ones on the market, one of the lowest distortion in the class and great sharpness, low chromatic aberations, coma etc. - check out this review

I recommend it

you can always crop or de-fish it to certain extent in post process

Coolio.

Bought a contax t2, quick test roll around town. Developed at home.

New fav camera.

d742a8199a2b9f9d7c4508696ae94e64.jpg6a367fb245356c45035278a2a5b9855d.jpg

Instagram - rjw_inc

@Mrboots2u how many cameras do you own now?

@Stanic I'm leaning more towards the Samyang 10mm wide angle over the 8mm fisheye. My zoom lens starts at 28mm full frame and I often find myself wanting quite a bit more wide angle than that (without wanting a fisheye).

20mm FF would be perfect, just don't have the funds for it at the moment.

@Mrboots2u how many cameras do you own now?

@Stanic I'm leaning more towards the Samyang 10mm wide angle over the 8mm fisheye. My zoom lens starts at 28mm full frame and I often find myself wanting quite a bit more wide angle than that (without wanting a fisheye).

20mm FF would be perfect, just don't have the funds for it at the moment.

Twevlty.

One in one out

Nikon gone, contact in.

Instagram - rjw_inc

Ah, that good feeling...

d04145473f9b4aa6fcc6559f13cf3989.jpg

When I returned E-M5 II, I couldn’t make up my mind between Fuji X-E3 and X100F - the former wasn’t released, so took time and shot film meanwhile.

3ab850c165cc694b276ab4c629aa7ab5.jpg

331419b465ef39fc48113d6475531b6c.jpg

0c6e38c0b71f6f793804ed403baad209.jpg

Which camera

Instagram - rjw_inc