c9d11bcaf91e3e3594eedc25f4f1e465.jpg

Summit camp.

I’ve realised my camera gear now weighs 1.6kg whereas base walking/camping gear without camera stuff totalled 7.7kg.
Any point and shoot camera suggestions that cost less than Sony RX100 mk6?
Chill dude, it's all peanuts compared to the weight of these slabs...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Chill dude, it's all peanuts compared to the weight of these slabs...

Haha, I missed a chance to have breakfast on one of those rocks! I did have a cup of coffee in the morning by the trig point though. Don’t tell anyone I pre-grind LSOL!

b25aace8c675321c152ea214820d4568.jpg
  • Like 3

Is that a meths stove ..... 🤔.... Jon.

• Like 1

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Is that a meths stove ..... .... Jon.

It’s gas stove John, although it looks very deceptively!

It’s MSR Windburner, which is kind of all-in-one stove with a gas canister, burner, heat exchanger and pot being connected while in use - you can even hang the whole thing with some wire/cord. It’s a trade off between weight and effectiveness in wind, really. The fact I can get a french press kit for it makes it more appealing since it doesn’t take any extra space.

I’ve been drooling over Primus Lite+ lately which is very similar, but slightly lighter, smaller and supposedly less fiddly to use...
  • Like 1

On 26/05/2019 at 11:30, PPapa said:

c9d11bcaf91e3e3594eedc25f4f1e465.jpg

Summit camp.

I’ve realised my camera gear now weighs 1.6kg whereas base walking/camping gear without camera stuff totalled 7.7kg.
Any point and shoot camera suggestions that cost less than Sony RX100 mk6? emoji51.png

If you don't mind fixed lens - grab yourself a X100T/F weighing in at around 450/500g.

Takes a bit of getting used to if your previous kit was DSLR or Mirrorless but is pretty capable.

47935212586_70cfb3c574_h.jpg

• Like 5

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

If you don't mind fixed lens - grab yourself a X100T/F weighing in at around 450/500g.

Takes a bit of getting used to if your previous kit was DSLR or Mirrorless but is pretty capable.

47935212586_70cfb3c574_h.jpg

I hated/loved X100F when I had it. Unfortunately, it only lasted half a year or so before I broke it :(
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PPapa said:

I hated/loved X100F when I had it. Unfortunately, it only lasted half a year or so before I broke it :(

The menu is unhelpful and fiddly with some bizarre logic between what is available on the dials and having go through a stack of menus to change a simple setting. Also the fixed lens is a pain too which is a revelation when coming from DSLR/Mirrorless kit.

However, when it works - it works extremely well and also with the fixed lens it does make you think on how to frame a shot.

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

On 27/05/2019 at 18:06, xpresso said:

Is that a meths stove ..... 🤔.... Jon.

I know i Am getting old, but I don't need large print forums just yet.

• Haha 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

2 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

I know i Am getting old, but I don't need large print forums just yet.

I do 👴.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Just away from the main street in Banff Canadaria last August.  Loved the Canadian Rockies, amazing views.

IMG_1138-2.thumb.jpg.b35be01dcae3f1b66cf7affbb339c30e.jpg

Fujifilm X-E2

• Like 3

Aldi instant