Another picture taken today with the weather a bit overcast. First up is the jpeg taken from the camera, second is the RW that I've touched up in photoshop.

This was a f/5.6 32mm shot! I'm liking the bokeh effect when zooming.

Original jpeg processed by camera

P1020808.jpg

Raw edited by me!

purple2.jpg

If anyone fancies showing me how its done this is the raw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7gvN7Z3xFy2cHZkcW9rOGhpYXc

EDIT: I removed my first attempt at ending the raw because I thought it looked rubbish, this is the second attempt.

Edited by fatboyslim

Coffee drinking tip #2: Sniff your beans 👌

-- LSOL Announcements --

-- LSOL Subscription Sign-Up! --

Oops, I bought a lens that cost me more than the camera...14-140mm F/3.5 (wide) - 5.6 (tele). Minimum focal distance is 0.3m which was a real deciding factor.

Someone tell me this was a good idea :)

-- LSOL Announcements --

Oops, I bought a lens that cost me more than the camera...14-140mm F/3.5 (wide) - 5.6 (tele). Minimum focal distance is 0.3m which was a real deciding factor.

Someone tell me this was a good idea :)

camera bodies come and go, good lenses stay :)

similar as with grinders and machines :)

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

looks great

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Anyone on here use gurushots? It's a bit addictive. One of my pictures got 300 votes in an hour!

Nope on instagram .. never heard of guru shots...

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

lens hold their value, camera bodies don't

good glass is more important than the camera

with a dslr, a cheap dslr with good glass will give a better results than a cheap lens and expensive camera body

Nope on instagram .. never heard of guru shots...

Try it. I'm currently competing in the blur (bokeh) and deep purple challenges. It all feels like some kind of mad money making scheme but its pretty fun.

-- LSOL Announcements --

Try it. I'm currently competing in the blur (bokeh) and deep purple challenges. It all feels like some kind of mad money making scheme but its pretty fun.

Is it free

Instagram - rjw_inc

Is it free

It is free but you can buy powerups in little micro-transactions. I intend to steer well clear of any of that nonsense. It's still nice to have your photographs peer reviewed and in turn you peer review others.

Your "exposure", or how often your pictures appear in other people's voting streams increases the more you vote for others.

-- LSOL Announcements --

Spent last two nights trying to photograph the Milky Way - first night from a fell at 1000ft - cold enough to see your breath at 1.00am. Second night at Lake Coniston. Zero light pollution and MW visible to naked eye. Won't know if I've got the sweet shot until I get to process through Lightroom.

As I and Mrs Systemic were loading up the car in the car park at 2.00am, car screams into the car park. Still had my head set on so as I looked at the car, he got a blast of full power LED - result was hilarious - crunching of gears and he screams out of the car park as fast as he came in.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Spent last two nights trying to photograph the Milky Way - first night from a fell at 1000ft - cold enough to see your breath at 1.00am. Second night at Lake Coniston. Zero light pollution and MW visible to naked eye. Won't know if I've got the sweet shot until I get to process through Lightroom.

As I and Mrs Systemic were loading up the car in the car park at 2.00am, car screams into the car park. Still had my head set on so as I looked at the car, he got a blast of full power LED - result was hilarious - crunching of gears and he screams out of the car park as fast as he came in.

Do we get to see any of these @The Systemic Kid

I couldn't resist posting this pic. I think its my favourite that I've taken so far.

1Tn9w1t.jpg

-- LSOL Announcements --

These two shots were taken around 2.00am at the north end of lake Coniston looking due south. I'd checked the location the day before to check compass bearing and likelihood of light pollution. Got lucky, weather-wise, good visibility and no wind. Used some off camera flash to add a bit of detail to the trees in the second shot and catch the mist rising from the lake.

Used an 18mm F2.8 lens - 25secs - ISO 3200

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

Edited by The Systemic Kid

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

While you guys were arguing about which lens to get...

082587cb77b4c6bc26ef30f94d612b2b.jpg

It's just so fun to see Zorki-4 (1962) to Fuji X100F side by side.

Went from film to Canon with few lenses and a flash to few MFT bodies (and 4 lenses) to this beauty.

Shall we create a thread to share some photos we take?

This was my pride & joy, and I sold it because I rarely used it.. Wish I'd kept it now :(

1316253322_3a0b901655_z.jpg?zz=1

And a self portrait..

2167817828_03036818c9.jpg

Couple of my pics..

2316813575_548596f7d1.jpg

3106022034_5e0e93cfb5.jpg

2852664977_7e6e9ef32a.jpg

3018550905_c9f9ea8319.jpg

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

This was my pride & joy, and I sold it because I rarely used it.. Wish I'd kept it now :(

1316253322_3a0b901655_z.jpg?zz=1

And a self portrait..

2167817828_03036818c9.jpg

Couple of my pics..

2316813575_548596f7d1.jpg

3106022034_5e0e93cfb5.jpg

2852664977_7e6e9ef32a.jpg

3018550905_c9f9ea8319.jpg

Ahhh!! The Blad. One of my first jobs was assisting a photographer and had to load up backs super quick.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

these are excellent but just think of fiddling with chemicals in the darkroom again..no thanks :)

While you guys were arguing about which lens to get...

082587cb77b4c6bc26ef30f94d612b2b.jpg

It's just so fun to see Zorki-4 (1962) to Fuji X100F side by side.

Went from film to Canon with few lenses and a flash to few MFT bodies (and 4 lenses) to this beauty.

Shall we create a thread to share some photos we take?

My first ever camera comes back home. 42ac6b38f1096c925b979c03d01cbf5d.jpg

Instagram - rjw_inc