lake_m

E92 & steam wand proximity

This seems to be the hot topic at the moment (particularly with Compak grinders) so I thought I would check with existing E92 owners. My E92 is placed very close to the steam wand on the La Spaz and no doubt gets it's fair share of steam up the spout. Is this something I need to be concerned about? The grinder has been modified for single dose so I think the flap has been removed. I haven't seen anything up to now to suggest that there may a problem, but would it be better to move it? What about corrosion risk?

La Spaziale S1, Ceado E92, Feldgrind. Niche. Work - Gaggia Classic and BTC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since the burrs are from hardened steel, I would say there is a risk of corrosion. On the other hand, the beans and grinds present should act as a desiccant to some degree.

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

If you have no problem with your grinder and its performance then I really wouldn't, worry at all. As said it's hugely unlikely that your burrs will corrode as a result of being near the arm.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Cheers. I'll maybe swap it around with the Sage for peace of mind.

La Spaziale S1, Ceado E92, Feldgrind. Niche. Work - Gaggia Classic and BTC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________