EDIT: To save trawling through loads of pages go along to p38 for the start of the lastest stuff from my new embroidery machine.

And here are a few recent towels @Feb2019

036881287f21f9494588bcc393a48116.jpg

3b2d4641c6410754511222512e577dea.jpg

5760971a30ee02a99ed136598df40f38.jpg

bb589f43a6494754c35f14c352077264.jpg

29d5b7168171c1f4d094d1f1ee1f1d11.jpg

98fd9d6958c2ee2c43aed69a05f2de04.jpg

684ea66a46fdad5c0711b316baa0bdb2.jpg

f1ca6a40caa46f54bafe8e695c49dcb4.jpg

0b3de77349fdeb46af1302eae7f9306e.jpg

I couldn't find a dedicated thread, and only a mention of them in brief on other threads, so I thought I may as well start a thread on towels, clothes or whatever people use to wipe their baskets out etc.

We all know it's the little things in life . . . while I await delivery of some black towels from Coffee Hit I grabbed a couple of grey flannels from Tesco yesterday, dusted off my sewing machine and this was the result . . . .

34965568821_e88f85b3f6.jpg

34709412410_433a311749.jpg

It is years since I last used the sewing machine. It's capable of embroidering graphics but I don't have the digitising software on my Mac (it was on an old HP desktop) which is pretty annoying. I am going to try and find a way. Watch this space!

Edited by MildredM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Ha! Very creative and pretty cool

I will have to change my name to TW Acustic and use the cleaning cloth that came with my record player!

65ee69bd6249128f1b716e6411f222f6.jpg

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Ha! That's great!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I figured I could have a good go at replicating your R58/knockbox/tamper/towel arrangement, but I don't have a sewing machine! I did design the logo for my engineer friend Thomas Woschnik in Germany, and eventually managed to obtain one of his fabulous turntables complete with natty cleaning cloth!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Mildred, admiration for your craft work, and because of that I'll take two dozen, please could you capitalize the M and the A, as well as lose the underscore. Also I would like my aviator in the bottom right corner, please contact me if you require a digital copy.

HeHe HaHa

PS feed that Minty bones not beans, health benifits are far greater

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

Mildred, admiration for your craft work, and because of that I'll take two dozen, please could you capitalize the M and the A, as well as lose the underscore. Also I would like my aviator in the bottom right corner, please contact me if you require a digital copy.

HeHe HaHa

PS feed that Minty bones not beans, health benifits are far greater

Well, seeing as you asked so nicely . . . .

NO!!

Actually, I could cope with Mine's A Beer (I think, if it will fit)!

Don't mention beanbags . . . Still finding the ruddy beans about the place!

I figured I could have a good go at replicating your R58/knockbox/tamper/towel arrangement, but I don't have a sewing machine! I did design the logo for my engineer friend Thomas Woschnik in Germany, and eventually managed to obtain one of his fabulous turntables complete with natty cleaning cloth!

I thought for a minute you'd sneaked in our kitchen!!

I love your design ;)

Well, seeing as you asked so nicely . . . .

NO!!

Actually, I could cope with Mine's A Beer (I think, if it will fit)!

Don't mention beanbags . . . Still finding the ruddy beans about the place!

Hope Minty has stopped popping them? With a name of Minty have you thought to provide a 'pea bag' as the replacement?

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

Need more info on the digitising software Mildred (I assume you don't have the hp anymore)

Hope Minty has stopped popping them? With a name of Minty have you thought to provide a 'pea bag' as the replacement?

Errr . . . Minty, you say? That is not quite what we are calling her this week!!!!

Need more info on the digitising software Mildred (I assume you don't have the hp anymore)

No, it went to the tip a while ago. I have been reminded we still have a Windows laptop and the original sewing machine cd and maybe it will work. The method is so dated. You plug a 'card reader' in, the card itself is like a 10x thick credit card. The info goes on that then it slots into the sewing machine.

I will go look in the office now for the model number . . .

You plug a 'card reader' in, the card itself is like a 10x thick credit card. The info goes on that then it slots into the sewing machine.

A pcmcia card I would guess?

Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...

Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

Good thread!

These are some I put on the top-front of the Rancilio Silvia to keep the cups warm

Linen with viking ship motive from a viking museum

_20170604_215745.jpg

From the Irma supermarket

_20170604_215821.jpg

These are the cleaning/working ones

_20170604_215854.jpg

For the steam wand I use the Rhinowares ones

_20170604_215929.jpg

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

They are all great, Stanic :) love the linen ones especially.

Been hunting, found the cd and installed it on the laptop. It works. But nowhere to plug the card reader in.

34712647620_20d2f8b154.jpg

I can still do a few words without it though . . .

35059681576_14dbeb5a88.jpg

Show me the holes/pins on that plug please. It is likely a serial port plug. On the laptop if there is a similar one but in blue that will be VGA. If there is another then that is probably what you need and if the pins need to be holes you just need a gender changer. If none at all a usb-serial converter lead might do it. any of these options should cost less than £3

is there no end to what you can turn your hand to:)

Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux /Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge

Show me the holes/pins on that plug please. It is likely a serial port plug. On the laptop if there is a similar one but in blue that will be VGA. If there is another then that is probably what you need and if the pins need to be holes you just need a gender changer. If none at all a usb-serial converter lead might do it. any of these options should cost less than £3

This sounds promomising. We've got a Maplin nearby, we could nip there tomorrow. I'm tucked up in bed now, I will take a pic in the morning ;)

is there no end to what you can turn your hand to:)

No!!!

Actually, probably a million things. One thing I did come across when I was up in the office was our set of 3 different size badge making machines. I'd forgotten about them. Forum badges?

No!!!

Actually, probably a million things. One thing I did come across when I was up in the office was our set of 3 different size badge making machines. I'd forgotten about them. Forum badges?

Count me in :)

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Count me in :)

We need to get some ideas, designs . . . I can see a new thread coming!

Should be consulted with @Glenn for sure

Should be consulted with @Glenn for sure

Of course, I was thinking the same ;)

Mildred you make me soooo jealous!

I've been desperately after a badge making machine for ages. I may pick your brains at some stage- thought id found a cheap solution but the available refills were 40mm and the machine 30mm.... (Kids toy really, but supposed to be effective on a small scale!)

As for stitching, is it single colour?

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Mildred you make me soooo jealous!

I've been desperately after a badge making machine for ages. I may pick your brains at some stage- thought id found a cheap solution but the available refills were 40mm and the machine 30mm.... (Kids toy really, but supposed to be effective on a small scale!)

As for stitching, is it single colour?

Badge machines are great fun! I reckon some of the toy ones are pretty good for a few badges. As long as you can get refills. When we got ours they came from the US, refills too. Bought big quantities (I was making them for Hen/Stag parties, Birthdays etc back then). I have a lot of blanks in stock!

Yes, the machine stops when you need to change colours. It can do pretty complicated designs. It is pretty time consuming, and scary when it gets muddled or tangled!!

Here are some examples I did years ago on a gardening top.

34264470944_65d0f08c57.jpg

34977873691_b606000c06.jpg

Yep it's the refills that are a hassle! They are either ridiculously expensive or totally wrong. If you need any 40mm blanks...though I think 40mm only fits one specific style of the badge it toy ones, not the proper kits.

I might be interested in a bit of embroidery. 38a3ed6184c35595f5956e26327cb932.jpg

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press: