fatboyslim

LSOL June - Has Bean Exclusive!

It'll be hard if down South (Well at least South East)

Essex so hard then lol

Down south so think it's soft

The bottom of your kettle is a good guage.... If it scales up really quickly then it's hard (same applies for the spout on your taps.... scale = hard)

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Essex so hard then lol

100% hard. I'm in Essex (it's the only way!!), I have to chisel the water out of my tap!!!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

100% hard. I'm in Essex (it's the only way!!), I have to chisel the water out of my tap!!!

Defiantly hard as lots of scale in the kettle I only use bottled water in the espresso machine but for brewed it's just tap a 2nd kettle for brewed coffee seems like over kill unless it's a temp controlled goose neck....hmmm....maybe

Defiantly hard as lots of scale in the kettle I only use bottled water in the espresso machine but for brewed it's just tap a 2nd kettle for brewed coffee seems like over kill unless it's a temp controlled goose neck....hmmm....maybe

Try some volvic..... See if you can taste the difference

For anyone wondering what my Has Bean LSOL espressos look like, I refer you to my video

Click here

So I said I would feedback to Steve and Roland what we thought of this coffee....so just for a bit of fun would people like to summarise their views in 3 (independent) words?

For me it's: Smooth, freezable, top-notch-espresso!

three words ... ok ....

creamy, developing, sweet

developing as in its improved over time (arrrggghhhh!! that's more than three words)

a grinder a lever and some beans

So I said I would feedback to Steve and Roland what we thought of this coffee....so just for a bit of fun would people like to summarise their views in 3 (independent) words?

For me it's: Smooth, freezable, top-notch-espresso!

Nice, Smooth....... errrrrr ummmm errrrr Quaffable :-)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Yummy as filter!

Yuxo09y.jpg

Silky, sweet, booze

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Love all of these. Anyone else want to share their 3 words? It can be something slightly hyphenated like my "top-notch-espresso".

Smooth, mellow, fernickety

By which I mean, lovely smooth mouthfeel, muted /balanced acidity (depending on what temp it is when you drink it) and it can be insanely sweet when you hit it just right (round about 18>[email protected]" at 93° for me) but a smidgen either side and it's totally different.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

That's pretty similar to where I've ended up. The recipe I'd settled on is 18g to 47.5 - 48.5 in 32 - 34s with a 12s 2 bar preinfusion followed by a flat 6 bar however I'm now experimenting a little with the profile and am just trying a 13s 2 bar preinfusion followed by 12s at 6 bar then reducing in 0.6 bar steps every 2 seconds to see if I can steady the flow and what effect that has. I missed my target yield by 0.5g or so on the first attempt so it's too soon to tell.

Regarding the beans getting better with age, whilst it seems that way I also wonder whether it's more or as much to do with getting more familiar with the beans and refining the dialling in over time that means they taste better. This is why I like having a kilo as I often find it takes me between 250g and 500g to really nail the dialling in so I get 500g plus to just enjoy. That can be the frustration with the SSSSS beans and only getting 250g.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Just an update to say the above profile is working very well. Enjoying consistently wonderful espressos and flat whites at the moment. Very well balanced.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

I think it would be cool to see what the folk at Hasbean make of our feedback.