Hi all,

It has been suggested that one of my grinders gets a new home.

Includes the huge hopper, the metal tray, the collar gauge and the small lens hood.

I have been single dosing with this grinder, so a few flaps of the dosing paddle turns it on and the switch turns it off.

It also has the sweep clean mod and had new burrs at the end of 2015. I have probably only put through about a kg of beans through each month since then.

As you can see it got bashed about a bit cosmetically before it got to me, and I have never spent time improving its looks but functionally it is a great grinder.

Based near Tamworth / Birmingham. Collection would be preferred.

I am looking for £150. 4eeb85daad2127610059316efbde0520.jpg81346ed9495e2245f62b912b6e2c2c92.jpg62b336666841ccf3a272f0e0c8f3446d.jpg

I was always a bit fearful of taking it apart and not being able to reassemble.

I cleaned the inside so that the parts which are exposed to the coffee is clean... And I had just made a latte for my wife prior to taking these photos!

Be careful if removing the clear plastic from the doser frame as it is rather too easy to scratch it in the process. Seen a lot of Mazzer grinders with scratched windows, and my old mini had it as well. GLWTS

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have this still for sale?

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hi, is this still available? If it is can I check what you meant when you said a few flicks of the paddle turned it on? Thanks very much
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

To start grinding, the paddle needs pulling a couple of times and it kicks into life. This is so that I could single dose.

I would put 18g in then start the grinder and get nearly 18g out.

I don't know much about these grinders so bear with me . Do you know what the base is made from? I'm just thinking if I did get it would I be able to paint it up a little and give it a mini refurb. Are you open to offers and possibly delivery?

@SkateReclaimCreate

Search on these forums for super jolly refurb, some people have done great jobs

Offers yes, delivery if you are willing to take the risk. I will happily wrap it up and box it as well as possible, but you know couriers...

Sorry had two kids distracting me this morning. Myhermes are usually ok but depends on the weight. I'll investigate

@SkateReclaimCreate

Are you happy enough to post this?

@SkateReclaimCreate

Sorry had two kids distracting me this morning. Myhermes are usually ok but depends on the weight. I'll investigate

Don't go with myhermes, have a look at the reviews. I posted my sj with them and it was about 500g over and they charged me an extra £10 to deliver it or it would be kept at their warehouse, not to mention it took 5 days to deliver!. It's definitely worth the extra money to use a courier with a good reputation. Re the doser lever, it's an automatic with the microswitch at the grinding chute removed, it should be able to be turned on via the side switch aswell as the dosing lever and it's purpose is for busy cafes who for some reason theoretically would have the doser filled with ground coffee, then after dosing, with a few thwacks of the lever the machine would automatically turn on to grind and refill the doser. Easily removed with a bit of simple rewiring.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Don't go with myhermes, have a look at the reviews. I posted my sj with them and it was about 500g over and they charged me an extra £10 to deliver it or it would be kept at their warehouse, not to mention it took 5 days to deliver!. It's definitely worth the extra money to use a courier with a good reputation. Re the doser lever, it's an automatic with the microswitch at the grinding chute removed, it should be able to be turned on via the side switch aswell as the dosing lever and it's purpose is for busy cafes who for some reason theoretically would have the doser filled with ground coffee, then after dosing, with a few thwacks of the lever the machine would automatically turn on to grind and refill the doser. Easily removed with a bit of simple rewiring.
+1 don't use hermes. I just sent a grinder dpd next day for £7 up to 20kg. They might take heavier items for a bit more. Dpd are hands down the best courier imo

I won't use Hermes lol.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Would you take £130 delivered for this?

@SkateReclaimCreate

Would you take £130 delivered for this?
Yep sounds good to me.

I will see how much dpd costs as recommended by fatboyslim.

Move to pm to work out the details?

Yes that's great thank you. I'm just setting off to pick up my son from grandparents so if I don't reply for an hour you know why

@SkateReclaimCreate

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo