IGNORED

My little coffee corner with a new rocket appartamento

After getting my first entry level machin0, la Pavoni Puccino, I decided to upgrade to the Rocket Appartamento. She’s a beaut but i ‘m now saving the pennies for a new grinder, 2nd hand eureka mignon or mazzer mini electric (although not sure I’ll get this pass the wife because of its size). Only had it since the weekend so still learning but now pulling half decent shots.

IMG_5215.JPG

Edited by GengisKhan

Nice set up.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brilliant setup, enjoy!

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Nice to see another Rocket owner's setup-you will definitely benefit from a better quality grinder. Eureka mignon will do the trick - be prepared for "flying grinds" and a bit of clumping. A dosing funnel from @Norvin will help control the mess!

Wouldn't say that was cheap set up, unleess your made if money lol.

Lol no it's not cheap. It great value for money tho.

The other set up i have been looking at is a profitec 700 which is 1800, so nearly double the cost of the Appartmento.

Don't get me wrong the 700 is far better a machine but at end of day they pump water into coffee, you can get good coffee from any of them.

Nice to see another Rocket owner's setup-you will definitely benefit from a better quality grinder. Eureka mignon will do the trick - be prepared for "flying grinds" and a bit of clumping. A dosing funnel from @Norvin will help control the mess!

I’m currently struggling with flying grinds/clumping and lots of retention with my I mini so hoping that the eureka wont be as bad as that, sure it wont. I’m in a slight predicament whether to just wait and save the pennies to get a 2nd hand mazzer mini or something else around the 400 mark that won’t have the above issues, although I assume all grinders do a little bit of all this anywhere! God its a mind field! lol

I'll have a look at the dosing funnel though might be a quick fix thanks for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks good mate. How you getting on with it? Notice a difference in the cup?

Still getting it dialed in but yes a huge difference in the cup so far. I was coming from a i-mini so its a jump in terms of burr size (38mm?? to 64mm) but I can defo now taste more of the flavour profiles, rather than the one beforehand.

In terms of ease of use, setting the timer for the double shots was super easy, but again took some time to get the right. I'm not single dosing or weighing so more eyeballing the portafilter and filling it to my taste.

The grind adjustment wheel is pretty stiff but I've not had any issues moving it. Personally it was easy to adjust

grind on the I-mini but I only do minor adjustments anyway when I change beans.