So picked up a super jolly last weekend £170 - it needs a little tlc to get it back up to it's best but I am on it....

lyWfWwZ.jpg

7ZL232M.jpg

0mRMNrs.jpg

Stripped down today - cleaning up / refurbing starts tomorrow :D

Edited by prezzy

Congrats! Looking forward to following your progress. It will be a really rewarding project!

I hope that is a trick of perspective? Cos those bottom burrs look (a lot) bigger!

haha yes it is they are all the same size!

The old ones are very worn / smooth to the touch etc.

haha yes it is they are all the same size!

The old ones are very worn / smooth to the touch etc.

Phew!!!

A bit of elbow grease and she'll be good to go..... well possibly "quite a bit"........ ;-)

Great to see another mazzer brought back to life. Its got the optional longer fork designed to sit under a spring tamper - usually bought as a set for about £75, having said this the standard size fork is just £19 http://www.thecoffeelink.co.uk/product/1524 -

The longer fork is fine and can be used to tamp on with a hand tamper (normal) but if kitchen worktop space is an issue its a consideration,

I'm looking forward to seeing the rebuild progress :act-up:

are you keeping the doser standard or doing the clean sweep / egg timer mod?

Definitely a clean sweep mod as it obv is not great as it is - egg timer mod probably, just need to find an egg timer to get it sorted.

Got myself an egg timer today from Morrison's so will be doing that...

Wish I had read up more on taking the doser apart, spent a while trying to get the bolt out of the bottom of it tonight before I realised it had a locking pin in there whoops - all done now and no breakages.

Will try and get it all cleaned up this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

@jimbojohn55

thanks so much for the shrink wrap etc, really is much appreciated - finally got some time at home today to make some progress on this :)

Got the burr carrier off surprisingly easily - used a heat gun to.. um heat it up then 3 m4 bolts to slowly raise it up and off worked an absolute treat with no damage at all.

Also fitted the shrink wrap to my lower veins for a (hopefully) clean sweep mod! - these need cleaning up a bit!

Oh and I drilled through my egg timer so have that ready to go as well - also went really well hole central etc :)

cpl of pics

OUarToi.jpg

fcFrWZI.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...