Snakehips

Monolith Flat - Pre-order

For anybody who robbed a bank over the weekend.....

2 only Monolith 75mm Flat burr grinders remaining for pre-order. kafatek.com

All Monolith Conicals were snapped up in under four hours!

Edited by Snakehips

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Just getting my balaclava and swag-bag . . .

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

I'm getting a wedge to put under my jolly ;)

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

Only one left now.

Come on, own up, who's just ordered one?

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

I'm looking at the flat right now, but would rather have a conical.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Yikes! It's my Birthday soon but honestly, I don't want this!, really, I don't!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

Yikes! It's my Birthday soon but honestly, I don't want this!, really, I don't!

No you don't, enjoy what you have !

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Temptation resisted, must have patience.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Temptation resisted, must have patience.

Nope I must be missing something...... does nothing for me.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

It is just a Mythos without the big case is it not?

It is just a Mythos without the big case is it not?

Flat has adjustable speeds . The allure , to those who lust after them , is that he aligns each one and test each one individually using his taste buds and a vst . Not sure on the burrs he is suing tho , was compak ones for the conical.

Is it worth the cash , who knows , , with import and the exchange rate i'd say probably not , but then again i am not in the espresso game ,so it all look over priced to me :).

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

He uses Mythos burrs mounted at the same 45 degree angle. I know about the variable speed motor. Be interesting to put it up against a Mythos

None available now. Price aside I like it. The compact size, very low retention, single dosing and precision manufacturing are the appealing features to me. Something similar with EK burrs would be nice. If only the exchange rate were 2:1

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Surely these are wonderful grinders and the flat is very sexy :) the price on the other hand gives me a flat :D

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

Maybe on the next run!

AKA Toffee chips

I know there's a lot of hype about how great this grinder is but surely I can't be the only one that thinks it's not exactly aesthetically pleasing?

I know there's a lot of hype about how great this grinder is but surely I can't be the only one that thinks it's not exactly aesthetically pleasing?

Similar has been said of Mrs Snakehips down the years but I have to say I've really enjoyed her cooking !

Similar has been said of Mrs Snakehips down the years but I have to say I've really enjoyed her cooking !

Oh LOLOL Thank you very much, I just spurtled my morning cuppa all over my screen :) :)

Not liking the way the cable goes to the motor , it looks like an after thought ...TUT TUT TUT

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

He uses Mythos burrs

Ahem2f1fcdb2abf2c24ccd3ccd668026caec.jpg

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"

Although clearly properly machined it does have a bit of a prototype look about it and in my opinion could be made to look better finished.

"The Monolith Flat burr grinder is designed around 75mm Titanium Nitride coated flat burrs. Burrs we use have very small inner diameter so effective cutting surface length is close to the cutting surface of 80mm and 83mm diameter burrs. Big burrs in smaller package". Looks like they are the same diameter as Mythos but maybe a smaller centre so larger area. I'm not sure how that relates to the above picture.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

There is supposed to be a version with more general purpose burrs rather than espresso, which should be suitable for filter. Anyone know when it's coming?

Kafatek website quotes for the existing burr set

• Grind from the finest Turkish coffee to French Press, Espresso, Mocha, and Filter coffee

I'm sure I have read customer reviews where users have been happy with switching between espresso and filter grind.

Did you go for one in the end?

AKA Toffee chips

Did you go for one in the end?

No, don't be ridiculous !!!!

However that doesn't rule out the possibility that I managed to nab a conical. :act-up: