np123

Compak E10 Black 68mm Conical Burr Grinder

Hi everyone,

We're about to start a major renovation of the house over the next couple of months, which means for the next 6 to 9 months I'm going to be limited on space. I've therefore decided to sell my Compak E10 grinder although I'm still not 100% sure about this! I do have the option of storing it away for that time, but honestly, I've got plenty out the forum and someone else on here will get the most out of it. I'm not even fully sure what space I will have allocated once the work is done, so I've decided that I'll move it on now and not look back....maybe!

So what can I tell you about it?

It's a 68mm conical burr grinder.

It grinds extremely fast. Usually an 18g dose is delivered in 3.4 seconds for me.

Grounds are lovely and fluffy, no clumping at all.

The taste profile is excellent. Lovely flavours come through it is a joy to use.

Its very clean to use.

Its had between 30kg and 35kg through it.

Essential On Demand Common Features

Stepless micrometric grinding adjustment with Parallel system. Refill or manual button. 3 positions switch with by-pass. Adjustable height portafilter holder. User friendly electronic menu with touchpad: single and double service on demand, date and time, coffee counter (total and partial), burr change warning, password protection to advanced menu areas.

KEY SPECIFICATIONS

motor output 800 W

Revolutions per minute 325 rpm

Ø Burrs Conic 68 mm

Espresso point production 15 Kg/h

Time x dosis Espresso (7gr) 1,9 seconds

Hopper capacity 275 gr

Height x width x depth 635 x 215 x 400 mm

Net weight 16,93 Kg

ELECTRONIC FEATURES

Multilanguage Display

3 Modes: Pre-selection - Automatic - Instant

Protection menu access by Password

Total and Partial shot counter

Notice of change of Burrs

Date and time

Quantity lock configurable by weight ground

KEY FEATURES

"Parallel System" grind regulator lock

Micrometric regulator

1 or 2 On-Demand ground coffees

Touch control screen

Electronic fan

Three positions switch with by-pass

Universal adjustable height porta filter holder

Since I bought it, I have purchased the small hopper (pictured) as I found it more user friendly, which cost £50 delivered.

The grinder will come with both hoppers and in the original packaging.

This is as close to new as you'll find without buying new, and these cost £1,600 brand new, so this is a significant saving. This is the main reason I'm on the fence about about selling as I know I would struggle to find another. But if someone on here goes for it then at least it will be going to a good home.

Offering this with both hoppers for £800 collected from near Rayleigh in Essex. No offers please.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26368[/ATTACH]

Edited by np123

Really nice grinder at a great price for one of these

AKA Toffee chips

@np123

do you just accept the retention that comes with owning a conical or have you a mod of some sort?

I'm tempted to upgrade my Mazzer Royal, I love the coffee I get from it (only espresso and Americano) but I want less faff. So I was mainly looking at an E8 or Mythos, but then this pops up! Hmmmm......

Edited by Rom

I'm going to sleep on it and have a good look at reviews and info in the morning. Great looking grinder ?

Edited by Rom

@np123

do you just accept the retention that comes with owning a conical or have you a mod of some sort?

@dfk41. I just accepted it, it's an interesting question. All grinders retain something, but a quick purge is all it needs. The coffee/flavours were worth it in my eyes.

@dfk41. I just accepted it, it's an interesting question. All grinders retain something, but a quick purge is all it needs. The coffee/flavours were worth it in my eyes.

totally agree with you. I have had the K1 Fresh and E10 and if you bite the bullet and just accept it, then you get a fantastic result, and thats what it is all about!

good luck. hopefully someone will agree and take up your fantastically priced grinder!

Would you consider posting @np123? This looks really good but just touch bit too far for me to consider collection

If you don't mind some unsolicited and free advice you didn't ask for..........

I'd say keep it and store it away. It's a great great grinder, and one you are going to lose a bunch of money replacing it with something of equal quality down the line.

Please reconsider. I see regret on the road ahead

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

If you don't mind some unsolicited and free advice you didn't ask for..........

I'd say keep it and store it away. It's a great great grinder, and one you are going to lose a bunch of money replacing it with something of equal quality down the line.

Please reconsider. I see regret on the road ahead

Cam, I hear you. It's on my mind, but then again, onwards and upwards. Will see over next day or so. If someone snaps it up, great, if not, great. What will be will be....

Would you consider posting @np123? This looks really good but just touch bit too far for me to consider collection

Hi, I would post if there was a service you wanted to use. Would be at buyers risk etc...

Sorry to see you're looking to move it on. It's a damn sight prettier than that lump I've got now!

Very interested is this still for sale? If so are you happy for me to pay upon collection

Very interested is this still for sale? If so are you happy for me to pay upon collection

That would work for me. Drop me a PM and we can see if we can arrange. Thanks

I think for clarity an offer ought to be made, subject to......

I offer asking price then. Will pm you to arrange collection

​Moved to SOLD.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo