IGNORED

Sundlaug Coffee Closing

Just spotted this. Sad news: I really enjoyed all the coffees I've had from Sundlaug. Hope they do well with whatever is next for them.

Ditto from me too.

Good luck to them in future efforts.

Yep . Sad news . They have had no beans for sale for a while though so I can't say I'm suprised. As above their coffee has always been top quality, but I can see how competition and no cafe to leverage economies of scale can be a problem for a small roaster.

There are a lot of roasters out there fighting for the same market , some as top notch ( this lot were ) and some aren't so much . Convincing people that not all coffee is equal in quality or price is tough in the current economic climate .

Make the next one a good one @Daren

What.... This one?

maxresdefault.jpg

5000 posts of total crap and Micky taking.... I'd like to apologise to everyone who I might of offended! (except CChap who deserves all he gets ;) )

Yep . Sad news . They have had no beans fo .sale for a while though so I can't say I'm suprised. As above their coffee has always been top quality, but I can see how competition and no cafe to leverage economies of scale can be a problem for a small roaster.

There are a lot of roasters out there fighting for the same market , some as top notch ( this lot were ) and some aren't so much . Convincing people that not all coffee is equal in quality or price is tough in the current economic climate .

Very sad to hear this. If you can't do discounts or free postage many won't consider purchasing top notch stuff.

Sobering to read their reasons. Can't help feeling the marketplace is overcrowded and with prices of greens and inflation on the rise coupled with the low value of sterling, there may be more bad news ahead.

What.... This one?

maxresdefault.jpg

5000 posts of total crap and Micky taking.... I'd like to apologise to everyone who I might of offended! (except CChap who deserves all he gets ;) )

Please don't change, Daren - especially the bit about CC:)

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Very sad to see this. Was on their site last week and suspected things were afoot when they had no beans for sale. Really enjoyed the coffee I had from them and liked their whole philosophy, but it just goes to show that producing a high quality product at a reasonable price isn't always enough, particularly with the current uncertainty and the level of competition in this market. A sad day, but i wish them well with whatever they end up doing next.

I had just typed up an email asking them what was on offer this morning then decided that before I was going to send it I'd check out their Insta and saw this.

Sad sad news indeed. Their absolutely outstanding quality and service blew me away last year and I'm gutted that they've gone.

I had just typed up an email asking them what was on offer this morning then decided that before I was going to send it I'd check out their Insta and saw this.

Sad sad news indeed. Their absolutely outstanding quality and service blew me away last year and I'm gutted that they've gone.

I've just read their reasons for going, very sad. Very much a victim of the Vote for Brexit.

Good luck to Matt and Meredith in their next venture, whatever it may be.

they were a pleasure to deal with on the LSOL last year and their beans were consistently outstanding.

I hope that this doesn't prove to be the tip of the iceberg in terms of the effect of leaving the EU but I don't hold out much hope.

Big business will survive, or even thrive, it always does. Quantity will win out over quality and we will all be the poorer for it.

Such a shame.

Sad news to hear they closing up shop, reminds me of the pub business a few years back where many small quality places just couldn't compete with the large volume sellers.

Shame

John