Yes, I went to Idle hands on Monday was not pleased I complained as you do, I asked for pour over 3 mins later he came over with it,  I give a few minutes to see if he was taking the piss nope, I said I asked for pour over and he took it out the brewer not pleased at all, said I off and not drinking it said he would re do it, should of done it first time round then. Well the others are dearer he said and! so I told him I'm not skint.

I took a gamble and went to idle hands for breakfast. Had a nice flat white and delicious overnight oats. Then went to atkinsons at mackie major and had a long black yirg. It was really good. I think from a coffee perspective atkinsons is taking things more seriously. Limited food menu and the baristas looked on it. I understand Jony’s feel after idle hands. They were not very friendly and defiantly did not seem onto it and passionate like the atkinsons folk. The flat white was decent though and they had a choice of a kiss the hippo blend or a craft house Tanzania. By Plymouth standards it was good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any one venturing further south to Trafford and beyond should definitely check out Grapefruit just outside Sale Tram stop. Amazing selection of beans, great filter and espresso, wonderful chat and a nice vibe. It's only a hatch right now but it's so with a visit! 

16 hours ago, Nicd said:

Any one venturing further south to Trafford and beyond should definitely check out Grapefruit just outside Sale Tram stop. Amazing selection of beans, great filter and espresso, wonderful chat and a nice vibe. It's only a hatch right now but it's so with a visit! 

I will certainly check this out, living in Sale myself!  Had wrongfully assumed it was another of those generic suburban coffee shops that we seem to have a few of down here. 

52 minutes ago, mirkl said:

I will certainly check this out, living in Sale myself!  Had wrongfully assumed it was another of those generic suburban coffee shops that we seem to have a few of down here. 

Sale is full of those and, worst of all, people do go to them too. Grapefruit is a refreshing change and pleased it is finding ways to adjust and thrive! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06/10/2019 at 23:07, ronsil said:

Double endorse your comment about Coffeefix in Gatley.

All types of coffee they serve are really excellent and the food is nice as well.

Just be careful don't trip over the bikes.

I have lived in Gatley for over two years now and still not made it there. If anything it's a little too close to home.