Hated the shop with a passion. Got my items in the end but customer service was non-existant. Went about a month- a few months of absolute silence for a very very very expensive tamper by Mazzer :x

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Tony, Sorry hear you've had the same experience as me. Here's my update on events this week. In short, I sent dozens of emails to Caffè Italia cancelling my order and requesting a refund. No resp

Excellent nickname....very apt 😂

Absolute nightmare stay clear would be my advice. I bought a Expobar Brewtus just under a year ago for a good price. I was taken in by the U.K postage and 2 year guarantee... It also arrived with a eu

Posted Images

7 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@Legs - I think you got yourself confused... Do you mean @BlackCatCoffee's David (and not @DavecUK)as per this post?

I certainly did! well spotted - apologies @DavecUK!

@Mrboots2uI am banking on the built quality of Bezzera to see out the 2 year warranty in any case! I'm also not afraid of taking the back off and sorting things myself but thank for the warning. I also struggled to find another Unica on the market - seems a relatively rare machine!

20 minutes ago, Legs said:

I certainly did! well spotted - apologies @DavecUK!

@Mrboots2uI am banking on the built quality of Bezzera to see out the 2 year warranty in any case! I'm also not afraid of taking the back off and sorting things myself but thank for the warning. I also struggled to find another Unica on the market - seems a relatively rare machine!

We will have them available in a few weeks for anyone else interested.

• Like 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Vivi, Alex and Alex Duetto in stock now!

4 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

We will have them available in a few weeks for anyone else interested.

Now you tell me! 😂

Technical question - the factory OPV seems to be set at 12 bar which seems a little high. I read that the ideal setting is around 10 bar to achieve 9 at the brewhead - do you agree? Do you think reducing the brew pressure will lead to reduced channelling? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Legs said:

Now you tell me! 😂

Technical question - the factory OPV seems to be set at 12 bar which seems a little high. I read that the ideal setting is around 10 bar to achieve 9 at the brewhead - do you agree? Do you think reducing the brew pressure will lead to reduced channelling? 

I wouldn't worry too much about brew pressure and channelling. Your coffee prep is far more important to prevent it.

You can reduce the pressure very easily on Bezzera machines. I set them at the group with the aid of portafilter with a pressure gauge but if you adjust it to 9.5-10 on the dial you wont go far wrong.

You just need an allen key to take the case off and an adjustable spanner. The OPV is super easy to spot. Happy to help if you need it though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

(Head in hands)

I wish I had found this thread earlier.

I ordered my Lelit Victoria from Caffè Italia on 1st Jan 2021, and was told delivery would be tomorrow 12th Jan 2021. Not receiving any courier info, I chased up today, only to be told there is a 15 day delay and I should perhaps look at a different manufacturer.

At the time I ordered, they were showing as in stock and a price of £699.

Now I don't know what to do. Any advice all?

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1

If you paid via card then get them involved simultaneously.

My suggestion would be:

Credit card: Send email to CI cancelling order and asking for immediate refund. Send that email along with covering one to Credit Card company reminding them that under UK law they too are liable and so should the matter not be resolved to your satisfaction you require them to refund you immediately., make clear this is not a charge-back.

Debit card: Send email to CI cancelling order and asking for immediate refund. Send that email along with covering one to Bank stating that the supplier has failed to meet the terms of the contract, by not delivering the goods and so you wish to make a charge-back.

Then start hoping.

• Like 2
If you paid via card then get them involved simultaneously.

My suggestion would be:
Credit card: Send email to CI cancelling order and asking for immediate refund. Send that email along with covering one to Credit Card company reminding them that under UK law they too are liable and so should the matter not be resolved to your satisfaction you require them to refund you immediately., make clear this is not a charge-back.

Debit card: Send email to CI cancelling order and asking for immediate refund. Send that email along with covering one to Bank stating that the supplier has failed to meet the terms of the contract, by not delivering the goods and so you wish to make a charge-back.

Then start hoping.
Thanks Andy, good advice. What's galling is I've spent Christmas reviewing machines online, bought bits and pieces (Lelit naked portafilter, Lelit water filters) and was seriously looking forward to some coffee lockdown bliss. Pah. Annoyed. Thinking I might wait. Nobody else seems to have them in stock. :(
  • Like 1
Just now, MattDanFrank said:
7 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:
Do as above.
Then buy it from Bella Barista.

Thank you BlackCat. Not stock either. I'll speak with Dave, who has been amazingly helpful with my grinder order.

Bugger. Although it wouldn't actually surprise me if it was quicker to wait for them to get stock. Plus you'll get their support if anything were to go wrong down the line.

Hope you get it resolved.

• Like 2

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Bugger. Although it wouldn't actually surprise me if it was quicker to wait for them to get stock. Plus you'll get their support if anything were to go wrong down the line.
Hope you get it resolved.
I hear you. Thank you. :)
2 hours ago, MattDanFrank said:

(Head in hands)

I wish I had found this thread earlier.

I ordered my Lelit Victoria from Caffè Italia on 1st Jan 2021, and was told delivery would be tomorrow 12th Jan 2021. Not receiving any courier info, I chased up today, only to be told there is a 15 day delay and I should perhaps look at a different manufacturer.

At the time I ordered, they were showing as in stock and a price of £699.

Now I don't know what to do. Any advice all?

Thanks,

Matt

Cancel the order and instruct your credit card company.

• Like 1

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

@MattDanFrank I've PM'd you

• Like 1

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

Hi folks

I have just come across this forum after searching for reviews of said 'Coffee Italia' who I thought were UK based.

I had placed an order with them for a Gaggia Classic Pro just after Christmas, yet I had not heard anything from them until I chased the order this week. 

Emails back and forth with a most unhelpfulwoman called Barbara and several phone calls (most being hung up on) I have today asked for my order to be cancelled and for my original method of payment to be refunded.

I was so looking forward to getting a new machine, a major upgrade from my 6yo DeLonghi EC271.B 

Now back to square one and wondering if I will ever see the refund. Also wondering if I would ever buy online from a company I have never heard of before. 

Now wishing I had done my research before buying.

Regards

Tony 

• Like 2
Hi folks
I have just come across this forum after searching for reviews of said 'Coffee Italia' who I thought were UK based.
I had placed an order with them for a Gaggia Classic Pro just after Christmas, yet I had not heard anything from them until I chased the order this week. 
Emails back and forth with a most unhelpfulwoman called Barbara and several phone calls (most being hung up on) I have today asked for my order to be cancelled and for my original method of payment to be refunded.
I was so looking forward to getting a new machine, a major upgrade from my 6yo DeLonghi EC271.B 
Now back to square one and wondering if I will ever see the refund. Also wondering if I would ever buy online from a company I have never heard of before. 
Now wishing I had done my research before buying.

Regards
Tony 
Hi Tony,

Sorry hear you've had the same experience as me. Here's my update on events this week.

In short, I sent dozens of emails to Caffè Italia cancelling my order and requesting a refund. No response. I have spoken to Barbara multiple times, who would apologise and say she is forwarding my emails to the accounts team. Still no respsnse.

Then, I was contacted by Matteo (on Tuesday), who informed me my Lelit Victoria was being dispatched today (Friday). Despite them being out of stock (but not when I placed the order) and recommending I look at another machine. I replied, again, saying cancel my order and refund me. On Wednesday he emailed me to say the machine had been dispatched via FedEx. I replied saying to recall the delivery, refund me, and if delivery was attempted I would refuse it. Again, no answer.

On Thursday (yesterday) I rang my bank and explained everything. I paid via Visa Debit, and the bank instantly refunded me and they are going to pursue Caffè Italia for their money. Guess what? The FedEx delivery was recalled.

As we now all know, Caffè Italia is a terrible company to deal with. Bella Barista is going to get my business. Their prices are slightly higher, but I know the customer service and after care is top notch, and will pay for itself in the years to come.

Best,

Matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, MattDanFrank said:

Hi Tony,

Sorry hear you've had the same experience as me. Here's my update on events this week.

In short, I sent dozens of emails to Caffè Italia cancelling my order and requesting a refund. No response. I have spoken to Barbara multiple times, who would apologise and say she is forwarding my emails to the accounts team. Still no respsnse.

Then, I was contacted by Matteo (on Tuesday), who informed me my Lelit Victoria was being dispatched today (Friday). Despite them being out of stock (but not when I placed the order) and recommending I look at another machine. I replied, again, saying cancel my order and refund me. On Wednesday he emailed me to say the machine had been dispatched via FedEx. I replied saying to recall the delivery, refund me, and if delivery was attempted I would refuse it. Again, no answer.

On Thursday (yesterday) I rang my bank and explained everything. I paid via Visa Debit, and the bank instantly refunded me and they are going to pursue Caffè Italia for their money. Guess what? The FedEx delivery was recalled.

As we now all know, Caffè Italia is a terrible company to deal with. Bella Barista is going to get my business. Their prices are slightly higher, but I know the customer service and after care is top notch, and will pay for itself in the years to come.

Best,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Strangely after emailing and asking for my order to be cancelled today, I recieved an email from them to say my order is today being dispatched. 

I have further emailed to say that the order is still to be cancelled and like you, if delivery is attempted then I would refuse it. 

I shall see what response I get next.

Regards

Tony 

Edited by AntMaharg
  • Like 2

If you want a Gaggia the best place to order is almost certainly Gaggia Direct. Last time I looked their prices were pretty competitive and, should you need it, their servicing and warranty turnaround is excellent.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, AntMaharg said:

**Update**

Order cancelled today with Coffee Italia

Once the refunded money goes back in to my account I will look for another machine. Whats folks thoughts on Racilio Silvia V6 2020?   

There is a Silvia vs Classic thread rumbling on at the moment. Possibly worth a skim through.

• Like 2

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

9 minutes ago, AntMaharg said:

Already looked at that.... Thanks for the heads up tho.

Whole Latte Love have done some comparison videos on them recently that are worth watching on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajvUwRZ524I

• Like 3

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk