Coffee Forums banner

New Purchase

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  igm45 
#1 ·
Hi espresso machine has completely died . I have looked on the internet as currently I am on a budget. Would I be better off waiting and getting a decent machine. I like the look of the Lelit PL41 TEM. Im tired of paying 60 quid here and 80 quid there for what is basically plastic rubbish. Does any one have any feed back on Lelit? Cheers.

#3 ·
Hi i have the Lelit PL41 TEM , i'm very happy with it but i've never owned any other machine so i'm probably not the best person to advise you on you purchase , it's certainly not flimsy warms up quick enough for me , the only slight problem i've had is the steam wand drips very slightly but it doesn't bother me .

Hope that helps a bit .

#5 ·
The three machines I am looking at are the Gaggia Classic , Rancilio Silver and the Lelit Pl41 Lem and Tem. I have bought used before and had nothing but trouble. Saying that if I buy new and it goes wrong it can go back to be replaced. The four machines all have there good and bad points but I like the Lelit. I use filtered water but its still important not to have aluminium in the parts.Appreciate the feed back. I am off to Italy and will have a look there also.

#9 ·
Get a S/H classic older model pre 2015 for £150 - it wont go wrong and if it does its an easy fix - then if you decide to upgrade it will have kept its value - or looking at ebay recently gone up in value same applies to a SH Rancilo. The Isomac are ok but not well loved by their users.

#15 ·
ivawhoppa said:
Hi igm 45 bought a Vonshef as a stand in for the moment . Have not decided as of yet.
Ok,

Not many forum members have a lelit, I'm new to coffee at prosumer level and am having a great time with my lelit mara.

The machine is great, the user has lots to learn...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.