Sold: Restored Mazzer Super Jolly £250

For sale I have my Mazzer Super Jolly that I restored in December last year. I have a thread I created that goes into more detail but i will list everything i have done to the grinder below.

• sanded, applied primer and painted in satin black
  • replaced the knackered power cable for a new one (like for like of course)
  • replaced the burrs for official mazzer burrs (maximum maybe 2-3kg of beans through them since december)
  • stripped down, applied clean sweep mod with heat shrink (still working perfectly well)
  • replaced the doser spring though i never replaced the doser counter at the same time (didnt see the point)
  • fitted a black laser cut gauge
  • fitted the lens hood
  • fitted oak lids (sprayed satin black) to both the doser and the lens hood
  • fitted the schnozz
  • created my own little portafilter holder (worked for my 53mm portafilter, might need adjusting for a different size)
  • fitted the egg time mod into the doser
  • Replaced some old screws and springs
  • fitted a new mazzer badge to the back of the grinder

I think thats everything! Its a great grinder still in superb condition, it was a huge step up from my previous entry level grinder. The bearings were fine when i purchased the grinder and are still fine now, the age of the grinder is around 14 years old (i will attach a pic of the serial number label before the restore) and it is still going strong.

I am extremely reluctant to ship the grinder so for now i am saying collection only from Nottingham or i may be able to meet close by. £225.

Its genuinely a superb grinder and definitely improved my coffee experience. It also comes with the original large hopper (without the lid though).

Link to the thread i created whilst restoring below.

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?35158-My-Mazzer-SJ-refurb

Edited by Kyle T
Price change

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

Price adjustment to £250

Title updated with new price

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Good price for a well finished and well sorted mazzer that's ready for the home environment and will fit under a standard kitchen cupboard, and keep running. Mine is to the same design grinds really well and is a doddle to use.

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

• 2 weeks later...

V, surprised this is still here- if you bought a SJ second hand and modded it for domestic usage to this high standard (as this is) it would cost a lot more than £225. In comparison buying a SJ off ebay - you can pay upto £295 with no indication of the bearings or Burr quality.

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

Believe me, I'm tempted

Niche Grinder, V60, Hario Switch, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Kyle. How do you get on with just putting in beans for a double shot at a time?

I keep my beans in a air tight jar and weigh out the beans I need for one drink at a time.

Pardon the basic question, but how much coffee is left in the doser after doing the above?

I never single dosed with the mazzer. The lens hood could hold maybe 150g of beans and so I would just keep it full. After using for a while I would just know how long to run the grinder to get the 18g i needed. For example if 18g took 10 seconds to grind, I would maybe do 8-9 seconds, dose into portafilter and then weigh. I would then top up if needed.

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

Sorry the wife hates the fact I'm spending this much on coffee equipment and i think if i go above 200 i will probably no longer have a wife.

Added bonus then! :whistle:

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was very close to putting in an offer as I've decided to return my new Sette, but I'm based in St Albans and collection would have been a pain.

Hope you enjoy what looks like a clean grinder and I'll keep an eye out for something similar nearer home.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo