IGNORED

March LSOL - April Coffee Roasters

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roast date was Tuesday 21st so it will arrive nicely rested and ready to go i think.

Recommendation for pour over from Patrik is 1:16.5 brew ratio aiming for a TDS of around 1.35

Roast date was Tuesday 21st so it will arrive nicely rested and ready to go i think.

Recommendation for pour over from Patrik is 1:16.5 brew ratio aiming for a TDS of around 1.35

Thanks for the regular updates and recipe.

Amount of coffee to water ratio. Brew ratio of 1:17 would give, say, 30grms of coffee to 510grms of brew water. 1:17 ratio is a good place to begin for pour over methods such as V60, Chemex. The aim is to achieve an overall extraction yield (amount of actual coffee solubles that end in the cup along with the water) around 20% which is an agreed benchmark if you are using something like the Speciality Coffee Association of America standard.

That said, brew ratios are not set in stone - they should be subject to taste preference.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Mine has arrived, more unmarked white packages making my coworkers suspicious.

Thanks again for setting this up, looking forward to trying.

Arrived in two 500g resealable bags.

Dug my aeropress out of a cupboard yesterday and will give this a go in it, might need to look at some recipes first though as I haven't used it for years and that was before I discovered freshly roasted and ground coffee.

My Alex is out of commission atm until I receive a new pressurestat (current one is stuck on).

Dug my aeropress out of a cupboard yesterday and will give this a go in it, might need to look at some recipes first though

Try this:

15g coffee ground at halfway between your normal espresso grind and table salt

Inverted aeropress - preheat

Wash filter with hot water

200g water about 30s off boil all in at once

Stir 3 times

at 1 minute, flip over aeropress and press untill 1:30

Give a few minutes to cool down

stir

enjoy!

There's also plenty of good tutorials on youtube as well. If you have the time and a filter capable grinder you could go for a coarser grind and steep for 45 minutes (using the same technique as above).

Unlike tiny wizened little old men I'll wager!

Hoping the postie is on her way. ...

Edit: to paraphrase the girl out of Poltergeist, "they're he-ere!"

My phone autocorrected Poltergeist to preground LOL!

Edited by hotmetal