MrP

Gaggia Shallow Drip Tray

Hello All,

I've been looking for a shallow drip tray or my classic and have come across this: http://www.gaggia.uk.com/caffeshop.htm#!/Stainless-Steel-Metal-Drip-Tray-for-Classic/p/65656223/category=3540309

I like that it's stainless and slim enough so I can just about fit a normal mug under the portafilter.

Does anyone have experience of these and offer any alternative?

I've just taken delivery of one made by forum member @tcw he's selling them on this thread https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?36568-15mm-(Slim)-Drip-Trays-for-Gaggia-Classic

It's great. 3D printed in black plastic and fits the machine and the metal drip tray cover perfectly.

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

I've just taken delivery of one made by forum member @tcw he's selling them on this thread https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?36568-15mm-(Slim)-Drip-Trays-for-Gaggia-Classic

It's great. 3D printed in black plastic and fits the machine and the metal drip tray cover perfectly.

I've seen that one but concerned it's a little too shallow - hows it working out for you?

Only had it a couple of days. Working well, you just have to empty it more often :-)

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

Hello All,

I've been looking for a shallow drip tray or my classic and have come across this: http://www.gaggia.uk.com/caffeshop.htm#!/Stainless-Steel-Metal-Drip-Tray-for-Classic/p/65656223/category=3540309

I like that it's stainless and slim enough so I can just about fit a normal mug under the portafilter.

Does anyone have experience of these and offer any alternative?

Maybe the guy that prints them will be happy to do a deeper one....even if it cost 50% more, it will be nowhere near the cost of that!

Expobar Dual Leva, Sage Grinder Pro, Aeropress, Hario TCA-3, Minipresso, Moka Pot, Hario V60.

does tcw sell the the shallower trays anywhere else? ebay for example?

Ive just joined, and don't want to bug the moderators by posting multiple useless threads so I can access the buy/sell page on the forum!

Don't have to bug any one.... just a few more posts will do the job, lol

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

See.. that was another one on the total, 2 more to go

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

I'm not sure of tcw is still active on the forum, I sent a PM a while back asking if he was still selling one and never got a reply. Maybe my message went missing, so I will post here to also say that I am still interested in one :-)

Hey all - I've just started a new job, so all of my time has been dedicated to it.

I will however get around to sorting some of these out in the coming weeks, though understandably it is not the highest thing on my priority list - I never imagined people would actually be that interested. It started out as something which solved a problem I had, and I simply was giving other people the opportunity to solve the same problem - apparently far more people have this issue than I first imagined.

If anyone is still interested, please watch the thread/post and I'll post when I'm ready to print some, for reference the link is: https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?36568-15mm-(Slim)-Drip-Trays-for-Gaggia-Classic

I recently bought one of the stainless steel drip trays for £49 from Gaggia.uk and I can't say I am that impressed. The build quality is nice, however the actual size is a little too smal, meaning for a front edge flush with the machine it needs to be pulled out off the back. Also, due to the lower height (which fits a small coffee mug perfectly), the water overflow pipe doesn't come anywhere near the drip tray, so every time I make an espresso it sprays my counter with water! I can forgive the slight size difference, but they should absolutely provide a longer overflow pipe with the drip tray as you are paying £49! I have sent them a message requesting a longer pipe or the specifications so hat I can buy a length and cut one myself, but received no reply. Had anyone else had this issue, or can you tell me the overflow pipe spec? Thank you!

Hey all - I've just started a new job, so all of my time has been dedicated to it.

I will however get around to sorting some of these out in the coming weeks, though understandably it is not the highest thing on my priority list - I never imagined people would actually be that interested. It started out as something which solved a problem I had, and I simply was giving other people the opportunity to solve the same problem - apparently far more people have this issue than I first imagined.

If anyone is still interested, please watch the thread/post and I'll post when I'm ready to print some, for reference the link is: https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?36568-15mm-(Slim)-Drip-Trays-for-Gaggia-Classic

Subscribed and enthusiastically waiting. I'm finding it a bit fiddly to remove scales after a shot at the moment. Your idea really is a great one

I'm relentless in trying to find one with no luck alternative sounds the best since I can't seem to get them to ship to me from the UK.

Not sure why they don't just make the sales section read only? It's annoying having to do 5 random posts just to see it. Anyway that's doubled my posts to two, three to go... :p

Aldi instant

I have this one printed out. Might be wrong kind of filament, or printing settings, but it somehow leaks :(

I have just pressed go on this design, 13 hours till completion!

I will update with how I get on

I like the idea of a slim line drip tray, Ive got two issues at present, 1: theres only enough room for espresso cups, 2: the tray that comes with R19303/03 seems to wobble around

anyone else have the issue or tray wobble when in place?