Gluv999

Brew temp thermometer e61

Hi, I have seen a brew temo thermometer for e61 group heads. Just wondered how accurate everyone thought this was and whether anyone knows if a uk equivalent. Thanks

bbf2450440d0c3ec3ff3d1406f04107c.jpg

From what I've read on HB the makers have tested its accuracy with a thermometer at the brew head and can vouch for it being out by a consistent amount i.e. It accurately shows 2 degrees above brew head temp or something like that.

I'm very interested in one too - if only to get used to effective cool flush technique on my HX machine before taking out again

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Yes I agree totally, would be a great learning tool for a while to help with the cooling flushes. Comes at at quite a hefty sum with the 40 dollar pistage though.

I had an Eric's Thermometer when I had my Quickmill. They're a good bit of kit, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Hi

i quite fancy one of these and have been looking around - there's a vidastech one on Chinese website not seen any in the uk.

did anyone manage to source one in the uk ?

again i would like to use it just to see how long i need to flush for.

cheers

Steve

Rocket Appartamento : Mignon Grinder MK2

Looks good, doesn't stick out as much as Eric's?

Anyone know of a review of this one?

Live and Let Live

I had an Eric's Thermometer when I had my Quickmill. They're a good bit of kit, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Is that why you moved to a DB machine urbanbumpkin - because the thermo showed you how much variance there was in your HX brew temp?

Edited by kennyboy993
spelling mistake

Live and Let Live

Is that why you moved to a DB machine urbanbumpkin - because the thermo showed you how much variance there was in your HX brew temp?

Are you considering a dual boiler already

Are you considering a dual boiler already

ha ha no Steve I'm very proud of my Mechanika - she's a thing of beauty and making amazing coffee. No plans to change for a long while....... however I do see a significant second grinder investment on the horizon ;-)

I'm just getting to the stage now where I'm wondering how much of the inconsistency I'm tasting in the cup is due to brew temp...... to be fair I'm getting pretty good consistency though now and again I get an amazing shot and it would be great to see if that was due to brew temp being spot on for that one.

I'm getting used to the old HX cooling flush though would like to know more about the machine too.

Are you still up for getting one of these?

Live and Let Live

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these next month - I'll let you know how I get on.

Yes please keep me in the loop.

I am interested in one - looks great on the group head and would be nice to see what the variation in temp is.

I suppose I'm more concerned over the supply chain, had my fingers burnt a couple of times from dodgy Korean imports.

Keen to order one of these today or tomorrow. Anyone up for it so we can share postage? I can order and then sort things out with you when they've arrived.

Kenny

Live and Let Live

Looks like it's approx 20 US dollars postage for 1, $25 for 2 or 3, $30 for 4 or 5.

Unlikely to be more than 3 of us so maybe a small saving to be had after exchange rate - let me know within next hour or so.

Live and Let Live

Tempted but I would only really use one a few time to help calibrate my pid. If anyone gets one, I'd be interested in renting it for a week.

Instagram = @unolonu

Have a look at the design coffee link Will - looks to be some good savings on buying 2 or 3. @MalcolmH - Malcolm please ignore my earlier PM, I've checked again and there's discounts for buying 2 or 3. Looks like maybe 40 US dollar saving if we get 3 plus some postage saving.

Live and Let Live

Great so that's me, Will and Malcolm.

Buying 3 looks to be the best deal anyway.

I'll get them ordered today and post them on soon as they arrive chaps. I herding cats today - 2, 5 and 6 year olds (all boys, on my own!) so won't be on here much until later.

Live and Let Live

Great so that's me, Will and Malcolm.

Buying 3 looks to be the best deal anyway.

I'll get them ordered today and post them on soon as they arrive chaps. I herding cats today - 2, 5 and 6 year olds (all boys, on my own!) so won't be on here much until later.

hoho! I had to look up 'herding cats'! I hadn't heard that one, Ian had though :)

Have fun (and probably gallons of coffee)!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

hoho! I had to look up 'herding cats'! I hadn't heard that one, Ian had though :)

Have fun (and probably gallons of coffee)!

Ha ha thanks Mildred - good coffee and Lindt chocolate will see me through

Live and Let Live