I'm a very happy little Piccino owner!

I no nothing about this one, but I'm happy with the Piccino as a little home machine.

Bruce Boogie

www.boogiebopboys.co.uk

Playing the music that created teenagers! :cool:

Fracino Piccino ~ little and lovely

La Pavoni Professional ~ sexy and shiny

Black Eureka Mignon grinder ~ a cracking little grinder

Think this one should be in the "Ebay & Gumtree" section, stock photo so would need to see some pics

Edited by Ronaldbiggs
add content

I may go for this. Currently got a rancilio Silva. Sometimes get frustrated waiting for the boiler to reheat pulling multiple drinks when friends and family descend. Would the dual boiler overcome this despite being smaller than cherub/heavenly/Oscar etc?

Moved to ebay/Gumtree section. :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I may go for this. Currently got a rancilio Silva. Sometimes get frustrated waiting for the boiler to reheat pulling multiple drinks when friends and family descend. Would the dual boiler overcome this despite being smaller than cherub/heavenly/Oscar etc?

I find that the dual boilers keep up with my Mignon grinder and my ability to juggle.

I make three shots every morning and sometimes have a milky coffee for a change.

I would not want to make for a crowd as I would be chained to the Piccino trying to keep up.

The boilers are about 0.3l so quick to heat but not suitable for non-stop production.

It makes good coffee and fits in the kitchen without plumbing and that is essential in our home.

Bruce Boogie

www.boogiebopboys.co.uk

Playing the music that created teenagers! :cool:

Fracino Piccino ~ little and lovely

La Pavoni Professional ~ sexy and shiny

Black Eureka Mignon grinder ~ a cracking little grinder

Cheers Bruce. Anyone else care to chip in on the question? I had a good rummage and can't find anything on the forums that helps me deduce if the smaller double boiler piccino wouldn't be too frustrating for 10 consecutive drinks or so. I only do this a few times a year but having tried it on my Silvia I won't try again as it's a PITA waiting and temp surfing. Only thing stopping me going for an Oscar or cherub is I'd prefer not to kill the planet heating 3 litres of water on a daily basis for 2 drinks (won't somebody think of the children etc)

No small machine will do 10 on the trot. The machine will overheat. We used to have an active member @jeebsy who started a coffee stall and his first machine I think was an Expobar Brewtus Leva dual boiler which is quite a few steps up from a Piccino and that struggled when a queue formed. Commercial machines are made for that scenario whereas domestic machines are not on the whole. A Prosumer machine might just about manage it but you are talking a far larger budget. Also, from memory the Piccino has to be sent back to Fracino in order to be descaled as there are no drain on the boilers

No small machine will do 10 on the trot. The machine will overheat. We used to have an active member @jeebsy who started a coffee stall and his first machine I think was an Expobar Brewtus Leva dual boiler which is quite a few steps up from a Piccino and that struggled when a queue formed. Commercial machines are made for that scenario whereas domestic machines are not on the whole. A Prosumer machine might just about manage it but you are talking a far larger budget. Also, from memory the Piccino has to be sent back to Fracino in order to be descaled as there are no drain on the boilers

I got a Piccino on engineering test at the moment funnily enough

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)