IGNORED

Ayup from sunny Yorkshire!

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting a Gaggia Classic working, so I guess it was inevitable that I would stumble across Coffee Forums. This place is an absolute trove of support, advice and guidance!!!

Thank you so much for being here!!

Cheers,

Richard

Nar then Richard, thee ow ist?

Where abouts in Yorkshire is it sunny? lol been miserable over East Riding way..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Where abouts in Yorkshire is it sunny? lol been miserable over East Riding way..

Did someone say sunshine???? Where been gloomy towards Harrogate way at work. Lol

Welcome Richard!

I see Harrogate is getting a rather lovely looking new cafe in March. Next door to TSB. Had a lovely Maude Guatemalan(?) in Baltherzens yesterday. My daughter insisted on there over Bean & Bud because of the Waffles.

We just need a decent cafe in Ilkley now that serves good single origin.

Oh, by the way, welcome Richard! I'm from Burley-In-Wharfedale.

I see Harrogate is getting a rather lovely looking new cafe in March. Next door to TSB. Had a lovely Maude Guatemalan(?) in Baltherzens yesterday. My daughter insisted on there over Bean & Bud because of the Waffles.

Errr.....Ilkley has Betty's.....they do great coffee :) (I used to work for them and they definitely don't)

It's Sunny up in Richmond... Really nice.

Maybe the sun is following me round...

I was reading Caffeine mag in greensmith and Thackerays last week - apparently there's another cafe in Harrogate? Westmoreland? Looks not too far from where we are moving to... Still not managed to find *any* of the Harrogate lot though- thought id found Hoxton - but it looks to have closed down?

But anyway I digress. Welcome. Hope your bit of God's county is sunny!

Errr.....Ilkley has Betty's.....they do great coffee :) (I used to work for them and they definitely don't)

We go in every Christmas Eve. This year I had one of their single origins at £4.70!!! It was merely a 5/10 & I wished I'd spent the money on a bag of beans from Rave & ordered water instead.

It's always sunny in god's own county!! ? I'm down in the more gritty end, near Sheffield. Harrogate and Richmond are lovely parts of the world though - very jealous...

I was up in Leeds on Sunday (took the kids to the armouries) and called into a really nice coffee shop nearby - The Grub and Grog Shop. I don't know how well known it is, but I'd highly recommend their flat white.

I was reading Caffeine mag in greensmith and Thackerays last week - apparently there's another cafe in Harrogate? Westmoreland? Looks not too far from where we are moving to... Still not managed to find *any* of the Harrogate lot though- thought id found Hoxton - but it looks to have closed down.

Please don't say Hoxton North have closed . . . We usually pop in there when we are in Harrogate and rate it very highly!

Hello, Potts :) thanks for sending some sunshine over to Lincolnshire!

I love Foundry beans and Lee is a really helpful guy.

Opposite the Turkish baths... It's empty and up for let.

I love Foundry too! Looking for an excuse to visit Sheffield so I can go to the cafe.

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting a Gaggia Classic working, so I guess it was inevitable that I would stumble across Coffee Forums. This place is an absolute trove of support, advice and guidance!!!

Thank you so much for being here!!

Cheers,

Richard

Welcome Richard from the always sunny Shipley

It's Sunny up in Richmond... Really nice.

Maybe the sun is following me round...

I was reading Caffeine mag in greensmith and Thackerays last week - apparently there's another cafe in Harrogate? Westmoreland? Looks not too far from where we are moving to... Still not managed to find *any* of the Harrogate lot though- thought id found Hoxton - but it looks to have closed down?

But anyway I digress. Welcome. Hope your bit of God's county is sunny!

Hoxton haven't closed, but they do have 2 sites now

Jez have you tried Commute Yorkshire & Toast?

Unfortunately they don't, but Toast use Atkinsons, and Commute Origin Coffee. Ilkley Cinema do use our Unione espresso blend though. Lishmans our Charlestown blend. And now Love Brownies serve our seasonal single origin coffee as batch brew.

Ooh, great info Nino! So I can get a single origin in Ilkley now other than spending my monthly salary in Betty's!

Thanks. (P.S: your Colombian, DR Congo & Ethiopian beans are incredibly good!).

• 2 years later...

HI all,

Glad I stumbled upon this thread.  I live in Calverley but am often Ilkey/Harrogate way and really helpful to know where there we can stop for a decent coffee there with the kids.

Thanks!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...