Hey Coffee Forums,

So I created a thread yesterday to gather if there was any interest in a slim drip tray for the Gaggia Classic (to enable taller cups/scales). It turns out I'm not the only person who has suffered this issue. Given I have a 3D printer, I printed one for myself and am happily using it, so I thought I'd offer them up for sale on here.

Price: £13, delivered (normal first class post). I can upgrade the postage to signed for, for an extra £1.

Images of the drip tray are below (I will be printing them in black, though I can print in the blue if anyone really wants). The tray is printed in PLA, which I've found to be more than sufficient. Note the surface finish isn't as smooth as the original drip tray, though I find it to be more than acceptable. One other note is that I had to extend the drain pipe, I just cut up a straw.

32795107861_66403ef6a1.jpg

32094995344_65a9515d1d.jpg

32897829556_b3ffe52e98.jpg

32897829536_e31a388af3.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask!

Tobie.

Edited by tcw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only just noticed this thread after expressing interest on the other one. I'd like one. Will PM you.

Thanks.

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

Only just noticed this thread after expressing interest on the other one. I'd like one. Will PM you.

Thanks.

Awesome - I've sent you a PM!

I'd like to try one out, sent you a pm :)

Great stuff, sent you a PM

Fantastic idea.

Put me down for one please! :)

Neat design, I would also like one; pm to follow tomorrow.

Gaggia Classic, V60, Chemex, Hario Mini mill, Sage Smart Grinder Pro , Grosche coffee infuser

Thanks for the interest, I sent you both a PM.

Tobie.

Hi, just seen this (and joined the forum instead of just reading) would be interested in 1, maybe 2 (my brother has a classic too!)

Yes would love one if you are still doing them, cheers!

Hey Tobie, is there any chance you may do an in-between size? I tend to rinse the PF assembly under the grouphead between shots so I do need some capacity in the drip tray, but I really want to be able to fit a slightly bigger cup under, so maybe something just half the size of the existing tray?

Thanks,

Paul

Hey all - sorry I missed this thread, been very busy this past week or so. I'll PM you all now, I can do a custom height, if you could give me the height you'd like in mm that would be preferable.

Thanks again,

Tobie.

Sick as, I specifically bought a cup for my gaggia but now when I have guests over I have to use something clear so I can see what is coming out of the portafilter.

Please PM me when you have some spare production!

tcw thanks so much!061c196590e662c0cf22a31abf0f6623.jpg

Nice! Looks like you made some nice mods to that classic. Mine is still close to standard... I bought a Raspberry Pi and some SSR + PT100 and would like to make my own PID at some point.

Yes love the classic mods...currently got the pid, pressure guage and poor mans gravimetrics via Arduino. Moving more to digital going forward. For now I need to find a drain pipe extension hack!

I am using a straw, specifically the cheapest box ASDA sold. I picked a fetching green colour!

Yes love the classic mods...currently got the pid, pressure guage and poor mans gravimetrics via Arduino. Moving more to digital going forward. For now I need to find a drain pipe extension hack!

Straw is definitely a good option tcw...luckily I had some spare tubing that is used inside the Gaggia and it's the perfect diameter!

It's always good to have some spare of this around...and it's much cheaper from a wholesale company like advanced fluid solutions (*5mm I.D X 9mm O.D Clear) rather than gaggia parts suppliers.c94f03818b601fb7275ca612299574dd.jpg

Just received mine and super happy with it. Definitely can recommend. All my mugs fit perfectly now and I can do away with the dirty sponge cloth. Thanks Tobie!

Now we just need you to design a nice add-on "espresso cup table" ;)

Rich

From Bodum > Bialetti Mokka > Gaggia Classic > MDF > Eureka Mignon > PID + Pimping > ECM Mechanika V Slim > Ceado E37J > The Grave :-)

Top tip mcrmfc! I cannibalised 55mm from the bottom of the pump without any fuss and this gives me enough to go into the tray, with the added bonus of keeping the tray from sliding around and not having to fuss about with straws when taking it out to empty. Nice one!

Rich

From Bodum > Bialetti Mokka > Gaggia Classic > MDF > Eureka Mignon > PID + Pimping > ECM Mechanika V Slim > Ceado E37J > The Grave :-)

Hey all, just returned from a 2 week holiday. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow Richard, apologies for the delays!

Tobie.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)