Sign in to follow this  
Craig-R872

How to steam milk.

As I have had a few people ask me how I steam milk I have made a short video showing how I steam milk on my Sage Dual Boiler.

Milk was probably stretched a second too much.

Edited by Craig-R872

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

Thanks for this, I find myself very hit and miss with the steaming, sometimes some great milk sometimes a foamy bubble bath.

Currently running a Gaggia Classic with Rancillio wand upgrade looking to move onto a Silvia in the near future! Looking for a budget grinder to go with

Link down?

Thanks for the heads up. I have created a account now rather than just uploading via tapatalk. The link now should work.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

Problem I seem to have a lot is I get the white blob at the start when I really need it more towns the end.

Problem I seem to have a lot is I get the white blob at the start when I really need it more towns the end.

When you start the pour, you really want to aim dead centre and from a decent height to get the first bit to dive under the crema. Then lower the jug and the white should start to appear. *

* says the bloke who makes a mess of the cut at the end almost every time hahaha!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Blimey your steam pressure seems way more than mine! I always have to give it a long purge or it always bubbles up like crazy..

Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Blimey your steam pressure seems way more than mine! I always have to give it a long purge or it always bubbles up like crazy..

I have increased the temperature.

I have increased the temperature.

Ah ok cool, what you on?

Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Ah ok cool, what you on?

Full steam 😂💨

Got a good swirl on there! Re-enforced my desire for greater steam power.

With my classic it doesnt seem to swirl properly until the last few seconds.

Amazing - I am close to purchasing the DB to get into coffee/latte art and am glad to see what's possible.