Rhys

La Pavoni Europiccola - just reached its limit..

Well, I know the limit of the Europiccola now...

We are having a concrete floor laid in our house as the wooden one was rotten (try 18 ft below river level...) and the builders are here. Before it was one builder and a sparky so no pressure. Now there's 3 builders, my partner and myself. They were hinting that I made great coffee so was under pressure to deliver.

Filled the Europiccola with Volvic, just above the sight glass level and switched it on. Measured out 16g doses of Coffee Compass mahogany roast (forum small batch trial) which is on song now. had a little production line going between grinding and pulling shots - even finishing off pulling shots with my elbow whilst grinding the next shot.. Once the mugs (builders don't do 5 oz flat whites) were lined up, it was onto steaming milk in my 500ml Toroid.and Rhinowares thermometer.. Felt like I could've written a book waiting while I steamed each one, never mind read one..

Conclusion, all done, happy builders and an empty La Pavoni.. Mine was the last shot and it was as nice as the first (which was my other half's). Rinsed the pf after each pull which probably helped - although I don't think it had time to overheat.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics, didn't have time...

Good job it's nearly finished (laying concrete today so all hands on), as I would be posting in the hopes that someone would lend me an old Londinium and a Mythos :whistle:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

If ever a Pav needed a Ruff

WP_20170128_15_58_47_Pro.jpg

a43bd5739b35.jpg

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

If ever a Pav needed a Ruff

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24762[/ATTACH]

Haha, it didn't have time to overheat :rolleyes: Also, the pf was rinsed under the cold tap after each knock out.

Had a good compliment off one builder. He doesn't drink coffee and wanted tea. He said he didn't want to appear ungrateful so drank it - and really liked it! Poor sod will go to Costabucks now and expect the same.. :yuk:

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

85589184-123F-47D6-A7EC-F46D01006F60_zpsvyfwitfw.jpg

BA7A9788-568C-4985-B7AA-3C6092F097DE_zpsu8irlpzb.jpg

No kitchen tonight as we can't walk on the floor so will have to go out for tea.. :(

I hope this whole kitchen rebuild is based around a splendid coffee corner, or throne for the pav,

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers