Sign in to follow this  
luke

Mazzer major timer - new burrs

absolute bargain

AKA Toffee chips

I'm giving my MC2 a good go before looking to upgrade. I am seeing quite a few good grinders go by though...

Gaggia Classic | Iberital MC2 | MBK Feldgrind | 18g VST | Bottomless PF

www.lukewilletts.com | @Lukewilletts

Yeah I got it, spoke to the seller a few days ago and he was happy for me to arrange a courier, glad I got it and seems a bargain at £205, made in 2013 and new burrs in November with 20kg through to season them nicely, plus comes in original box.

CC this was one of the grinders I mentioned to you I was watching, was worried that I had made a mistake earlier letting the Macap M7A pass at £150 but glad I did now.

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

Well done You..... even after adding the courier costs

Thanks.

Courier looks fairly cheap ~£15 or ~£30 for Saturday (which I may have to go for as it is easier than explaining I have bought more coffee gear to the people at work).

I have got to admit, I am surprised to have gotten it for this price.

I have been seeing used SJs going for £250 - £300 recently, I thought for sure that this would pass my limit of £250 (Any more than that and I thought it would be a better idea to buy one off of CC).

I'm glad everyone is so focused on SJs at the moment as it means a lot of the other grinders are going for a steal in comparison.

Well done Dayks, amazing grinder for under £250 all in! That's Mignon money.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Looks like my luck with grinders hasn't changed.

I have been in contact with the seller and he was out of town due back to the cafe today to send me the details for collection.

Seller contacted me today and its replacement is not working so it is back being used and not for sale atm.

Seller has offered to give me a discount if they do sell it but they are only going to be doing so if the repairs aren't too expensive.

Hopefully the seller is telling the truth and not canceling due to the price as that way I may still get it.

I doubt it, a common tactic if they don't get what they want, they are passifying you so that they don't get bad feedback

AKA Toffee chips

I doubt it, a common tactic if they don't get what they want, they are passifying you so that they don't get bad feedback

That's why I'm waiting to give any feedback.

It was a auction and you won it so legally its yours , Did the seller mention you may not get the grinder if he could not get his other one repaired ? sounds very suspicious , dodgy seller , thats not good at all

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

Eureka Mignon grinder

Ugh, there seems to be quite a few cases of "suspect" seller activity recently...

The other day I won a Mazzer mini for a very decent price, however when going through to pay and arrange a courier the seller wanted to avoid PayPal. I wasn't keen to do so and decided to walk away. Since then the grinder has been relisted twice at increasingly inflated prices.

Gaggia Classic | Iberital MC2 | MBK Feldgrind | 18g VST | Bottomless PF

www.lukewilletts.com | @Lukewilletts

Well seller claims they are sending back their broken one to the place they bought it (A1coffee) for repair and will have an answer for me late next week on whether they will sell the major.

I'm willing to wait a week to find out, hopefully the seller is not lying. I have had items cancelled before an auction has ended or (more rarely) after in the past but none of those times has the seller contacted me and then replied to questions.

Sign in to follow this  

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png