Sign in to follow this  
Jez H

Jez's #12 Roaster Challenge

IMG_0755.jpg

So, I'm led to believe, this will be dropping on my doorstep shortly. My first coffee from the Atkinson's Subscription. Sounds like a belter. Looking forward to posting my thoughts shortly.

First Aeropress this morning. Wow, a great start from Atkinsons! Sugary sweet lemon & lime finishing on dark chocolate. There is a hint of sherbet in there. Looking forward to the next 12 months after this cracker.

So February, Rave Costa Rica Aquiares Peaberry. Lovely, sweet, hint of citrus, light & very easy drinking/brewing. Towards the end of the bag & every brew has been spot on. But then it's Rave isn't it?

March brings me to Casa Espresso & this cracker from DR Congo:

http://www.casaespresso.co.uk/product/dr-congo-latumba/

This coffee has just kept getting better the longer it has been opened. Definitely getting the limes, with a sugary sweetness & silky smoothness. I have about 1 brew left of this & it will be hard to beat over the coming months. A beautiful coffee.

http://jamesgourmetcoffee.com/product/rwanda-buf-nyarusiza-remera-naturals-filter-roast/

James gourmet Coffee next up for me & Rwanda BUF Nyarusiza & Remera Naturals One Roast. This is absolutely stunning. I definitely get the sweet fruit along with really creamy milk chocolate. "Sweet & fruity" are my "go to" flavour notes & this is bang on the money for me. Just about the perfect coffee for my palate.

http://www.cielouk.com/coffee/columbia-consaca-narino

Next up is Cielo Roasters in Leeds. I love Cielo, their ethos & the fact that if you go to their cafe to buy a bag you get a free V60!

So this Colombian has been sweet, delicate & fruity. Not in your face, but subtle, easy drinking & easy brewing. I believe they have 25% off in May too. What's not to love?

Thanks I plan on getting next months supply from them

A machine, a grinder & some beans

Thanks I plan on getting next months supply from them

Are you local enough to call in & get a free V60?

IMG_0868.jpg

So I did a bit of a swap with someone as I didn't fancy the latest Atkinsons Sub. beans. Got sent these crackers from Carvetti, a washed Rwandan. I get chocolate & dark berries, all beautifully sweet & balanced. I'll go back to Carvetti.

Crankhouse Coffee Wahana Estate Natural is next up for me. This has been a revelation for me as I've never had Indonesian coffee before. Incredible flavours coming through & on every brew I'm amazed how fantastic this coffee is. I get sweet milk chocolate & pineapple, but there's so much going on that it's hard to nail the flavour notes. £6 delivered through a Facebook offer & would have happily paid double. The moral here is for me to be more adventurous when ordering beans.

https://www.crankhousecoffee.co.uk/products/wahana-estate-natural