birchgra

Quick Mill Anita for Sale

Due to a recent attack of upgraditis, I am offering for sale my lovely Quick Mil Anita espresso machine. This is the machine that has really got me 'into' coffee and it is a very easy one to use and produce a decent drink with. It is just over 18months old and is in perfect working order, only having been used at my home - approx. 2-4 cups a day about 5 times a week. No dings or scratches anywhere, just some light signs of use. Only ever used filtered water with it and it has been regularly cleaned/back-flushed.

The cheapest I can find it on-line at the moment is at Coffee Italia where it is reduced from £1300 down to £1050 although my machine has the better quality valve handles and the no-burn steam/water wands than the one shown on their site. My machine also has a IMS water screen fitted, which I will leave on as well as including the original. It will also come with the portafilters etc as shown.

I am asking £600 collection (Southport) which I think is a fair price given its age and 'as new' condition (but I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise if its not)

You are more than welcome to 'try before you buy' if you are able to get over to Southport, or I may be able to meet somewhere in the North West if that made it a bit easier for you.

Also willing to post at buyers cost and it would be very securely wrapped and only sent if fully insured. It is a substantial machine however, due to its stainless steel construction for the frame and all the panels, and it weighs around 17kg so by the time it has been packed and double-boxed it is likely to weigh in the region of 25kg.

The Anita is not a dual boiler machine but it does have a heat exchanger system so you can extract and steam at the same time if you want to and this feature works really well. I can also take more photos if there's anything specific you want to see. It has its own water tank and does not need plumbing-in. I do not have the original receipt, as it was a gift, but there is a factory 'inspection date' certificate included with the paperwork which confirms its age as described.

Thanks

Graham

31300687034_bf9ae5e3b2_k.jpg

32142002245_5588975e69_k.jpg

31300688744_d7646115cf_k.jpg

31300697464_f351bd6ae8_k.jpg

31300701934_4eb7033352_k.jpg

Edited by birchgra

Oooh!

Gaggia Classic (Pre-Phillips) With Silvia Wand Mod

Eureka Mignon Grinder

Just to say that I have edited the post to say that I am now happy to arrange insured shipping if required at a cost of £30. If the actual cost is any more than that, then I will cover the difference myself. Thanks.

Hey buddy, got a few little questions. I apologise in advance but I have been stung before when buying off eBay and it takes a while to get over! My Mrs still doesn't trust going second hand, but I'm a sucker for a bargain...

When was the last time it was descaled? How is the rebound after pulling shots then steaming, getting ready for a second round of drinks? Are there any shots of the guts?

I'm very new to the higher end home machines so fairly clueless - are you able to leave this switched on for long periods or do they need to be turned off after use? Could they stay on all day?

I am well accustomed to commercial machines as I run a mobile specialty coffee business and use a commercial lever - how does the espresso stack up compared to a lever? I guess because it's pump driven, it's more comparable to a regular machine? However, does the small lever enable you to pre-infuse?

Thanks, Jonny.

Apologies again...

Hi Jonny - no need to apologise for asking questions! l'll do my best to answer them.

The machine has not been descaled as Quick Mill advise not to do so in the manual, but it has been run on filtered/bottled water as they do advise and regularly back-flushed.

No delay between pulling drinks that l have ever been aware of.

l don't think there would be a problem in leaving it turned on all day, but l have tended not to as it actually heats up pretty quick from cold (approx 10 mins) and less than that if it's already been on previously that day. Longest l have left it on for would be about 5 hours.

l cannot comment on how it compares with a lever machine as l have never had one. It does an automatic pre-infusion when you lift the lever but this is not adjustable. If you wanted to do a longer one, l expect you could just shut it off for a few seconds and then raise it again but l'm not sure if this would be a good thing to do or not.

l'll try to sort out some photos of the guts and put them in the listing tomorrow.

Fully understand your concern about buying used if you have been stung in the past but l can assure you this machine works perfectly and l've never had a problem with it. I'm pretty new on this forum but l've got over 1000 feed backs on eBay and am still 100% positive - under the same name of birchgra - so you can look on there to see that l am a genuine seller and everything l sell has been properly looked after.

Graham

QUOTE=jable1066;470224]Hey buddy, got a few little questions. I apologise in advance but I have been stung before when buying off eBay and it takes a while to get over! My Mrs still doesn't trust going second hand, but I'm a sucker for a bargain...

When was the last time it was descaled? How is the rebound after pulling shots then steaming, getting ready for a second round of drinks? Are there any shots of the guts?

I'm very new to the higher end home machines so fairly clueless - are you able to leave this switched on for long periods or do they need to be turned off after use? Could they stay on all day?

I am well accustomed to commercial machines as I run a mobile specialty coffee business and use a commercial lever - how does the espresso stack up compared to a lever? I guess because it's pump driven, it's more comparable to a regular machine? However, does the small lever enable you to pre-infuse?

Thanks, Jonny.

Apologies again...

Much appreciated - I must admit I feel more confident buying from this site, given the people who usually buy this equipment are knowledgeable enough and passionate enough to maintain it properly!

I don't want to take the p*ss but it wouldn't be a bargain if I didn't have a stab, would you take £550 delivered?

I'd take £575 delivered.

Much appreciated - I must admit I feel more confident buying from this site, given the people who usually buy this equipment are knowledgeable enough and passionate enough to maintain it properly!

I don't want to take the p*ss but it wouldn't be a bargain if I didn't have a stab, would you take £550 delivered?

And I would accept! Would you like to send me a PM about how we will work this and I shall respond in the morning as it's... bed time for me...!!

I'm actually working away at the minute, so will send you across my Mrs' details as well as mine in case you need to get in touch via phone or anything.

Jonny

Moved to sold. :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo