Coffee Forums banner

How much are you planning to spend on coffee related purchases in 2017?

4K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  Drewster 
#1 ·
How much are you planning on spending on coffee related products in 2017?
Less than £350 (I buy my coffee on subscription and have everything else I need)1130.56%
Between £350-£1000 (I make coffee at home and sometimes buy from a coffeeshop)1541.67%
Between £1000-£2000 (Beans and a new Grinder or HX machine)513.89%
Between £2000-£5000 (new Dual Boiler, Grinder and lots of Beans)38.33%
Over £5000 (look ma, I bought me a roaster)25.56%

#3 ·
Hopefully nothing on big ticket items. Around £25pm on beans, and potentially a further "budget" brewed option. (Eg Aeropress) plus consumables at hopefully no more than £40.

For context I'm a married stay at home parent in my early 30s.

#13 ·
My big spend was last year but I find I'm still tweaking my set up, swapping things in and out to find the right balance for my personal preferences.

Even though I love my Verona & it's not very old I might buy a Decent Espresso Machine once it matures a little.

#15 ·
Happy with my machine, might be tempted to upgrade my grinder though. Compak E8 / 10 would be ideal, but won't fit, so maybe a Ceado E37s. Just pondering at the minute.

#16 ·
Honestly? No idea...

Mainly just beans each month - though I've made provision in our new kitchen for a future plumbable machine.

D9BC48B5-F288-4926-921D-B42DD9CB2E87_zpsblmhdyvt.jpg

9C918E70-90C9-4AEF-9A71-8711D61F1830_zpsjcxdotn2.jpg

For the minute it keeps my cables tidy on the worktop

#17 ·
Right here we go....

About 500g of beans a month (£12-15 ish)

Bottled water £1.50 a month

Milk £4 a month

Hardware - Could be a PID for my silvia (£200)

Couple of Filter baskets (£40)

A trip to the London Coffee festival in April = £20

Coffees out per week = £10?

#18 ·
Erm... new (to me) machine - rotary pump with pressure profiling, with option to pumb in

Water filter system, probably 3M version...

Aiming for under £2k (should be easily doable once I sell my Brewtus DB and play one off against the other)

Just got to keep an eye on the bargains section....

#21 ·
Mrboots2u said:
They are USA only tho aren't they
They ship to US and Candada only, but I have family I can get it sent to who will send it on. There are also some services that receive goods and then send them on for you too. All of that is pricey though, adds on about £100. Which is just too much for a kettle when I have the Brewista already.

#22 ·
Hal.E.Lujah said:
They ship to US and Candada only, but I have family I can get it sent to who will send it on. There are also some services that receive goods and then send them on for you too. All of that is pricey though, adds on about £100. Which is just too much for a kettle when I have the Brewista already.
And it will be the wrong voltage

#25 ·
Mrboots2u said:
And it will be the wrong voltage
Mmmmmmmm that reminds me a few years ago I bought an American version of a Glass Cutting Jigsaw thingy...plus a bloody great 240-120 adaptor/transformer to run it (because doing that and paying duty plus international delivery was by far cheaper than buying the UK 240v version)

If I dig that out I wonder if I could "justify" buying some weird and wonderful Septic kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.