Sign in to follow this  
pendragoncs

Original Gaggia Classic Steam Wand arm.

Bit of a long shot this one....but my Classic may need to go in for some warranty work. Unfortuantely during my wand upgrade the original wand arm, took some damage and the likelyhood is that they will pick up on this and possibly void the warranty.

Would anyone have one lying around they'd either like to sell or even loan me for the duration of the repair?

Thought i'd ask prior to looking for new or ebay.

Thanks

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

When my Classic comes back from the workshop youre welcome to borrow mine if you like

@garydyke1

Thanks....that would be brilliant. I'll of course cover all the postage costs etc.

It'll be interesting to see how long before yours comes back as mine is more or less going in for the same issue, although mine will be going in via comet as it's just under 6 months old.

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

Well the good news is they found a fault, have replaced a couple of parts and it is being shipped back to me today!

@garydyke1

I hope they have taken care of your shinny stainless covers....... Gulp.

How olds you machine and what were the issues again?

Thanks

PaulN

Gaggia Classic c/w Silvia Wand & OPV Mod, Ascaso I-Mini Grinder, Happy Donkey Bottomless Porta Filter & Tamper, Grindenstein Coffee Knock Box. @ Work Presso Machine & Krups Burr Grinder.

Mine was bought in March this year. The steam-wand would drip during warm-up , give inconsistant extractions and milk (compared to an identical machine bought at the same time also from Dixons by a friend) , and when the steam wand was switch off it would continue to hiss.

Hopefully all sorted now!

@garydyke1

Still no machine : ( This is what I am dealing with : -

Description Date Time

Out for delivery (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Jun 2011 09:48

No One To Receive Card Left (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Jun 2011 19:55

Passed to courier for delivery. (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Jun 2011 18:52

Parcel returned to delivery depot (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Jun 2011 18:08

Unable to gain timely access (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Jun 2011 16:25

Out for delivery (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 1st Jun 2011 11:40

Consignee Cannot Be Reached (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 31st May 2011 21:00

Passed to courier for delivery. (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 31st May 2011 20:46

Out for delivery (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 31st May 2011 09:33

Passed to courier for delivery. (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 27th May 2011 11:59

Possible delay, incomplete address (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 27th May 2011 07:09

Re-routed to another courier (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 27th May 2011 00:51

Arrived At Depot (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 27th May 2011 00:47

Departed Depot (HAMS HALL) 26th May 2011 20:33

Arrived At Depot (HAMS HALL) 26th May 2011 20:32

Departed Depot (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE) 26th May 2011 17:56

Parcel Picked Up (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE) 26th May 2011 15:36

4 days sat at home waiting and not a bean (excuse the pun)

@garydyke1

Lets hope it arrives for you as dealing with couriers can be infuriating. Ask for the drivers mobile number and call them to see if they can meet you outside... That has worked for me recently. They soon deliver afterwards if they know you have their number!

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Update - after all that waiting - y the machine was damaged in transit . Just my bl00dy luck!!!!

Have complained to Gaggia/Philips repair people, getting a call back tomorrow. I have to take pictures of the damage etc......

I give up

@garydyke1

Well....managed to get a replacement off ebay for a few quid.

But didn't need to bother. Took the Gaggia to my local Comet who basically said they can't fix it in store so will have to order me a new one, they didn't even open the box.

I am wondering though what they'll do with my old one? I might ask when i pick the new one up tomorrow and see if i can buy it off them cheap....its only got a dribbly wand and a bit of leaking water.

Jason

Sign in to follow this  

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png