Jez H

Black Friday

Anybody got any "heads ups" on imminent Black Friday bean offers? Fancy going for something a bit special for the festive period.

Coffee compass have a black friday deal on at the moment. 2Kg of coffee (4 x 500g bags of 4 different coffees) for £20

• Like 1

:coffee:Marcus

Isomac Tea + Nuova Simonelli Mythos+ VST 18g + Torr Brass Goldfinger Tamper

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

http://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/shop/black-friday-2kg-sale.html

2kg for £20 comprising of;

Sweet Bourbon (500g),

Christmas Blend (500g),

Hill & Valley (500g)

Premium Mocha Milan (500g)

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

Perfect timing. I was just musing on what next!!

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

I've always wondered- Christmas blend... What's the deal with that? Ground Santa and reindeer droppings? Elf dust? (probably from my shelf!!)

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Just a word of caution (or otherwise if that's your thing!).

Some of these beans, whilst not quite 'black' Friday, are pretty dark Friday.

like I said, no worries if you like it that way

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Good job I swing both ways...

Did someone say coffee?

Whuuuut? Now how am I supposed to do the koffie wechseln thing? Where there is choice, there is misery, I tell ya.

im going to freeze a couple of these, maybe. Then see who else offers a Black Friday offer.

Did someone say coffee?

Just out of interest, is freezing them for a month ok?

A machine, a grinder & some beans

im going to freeze a couple of these, maybe. Then see who else offers a Black Friday offer.

haven't frozen beans since I don't know when ... could do, just mooching through the blends, hill and valley.... hmmmm robusta is grown in valleys

esto tambien pasara.

Yeah, the Christmas blend is prob nice, but tbh I'm not really a monsoon fan, the finca la joyeria was good by itself, I think I'll prob give this one a miss, but some of their slightly darker roasted Africans are deffo going on the list for the next couple of months

esto tambien pasara.

Just out of interest, is freezing them for a month ok?

Yes - and longer is fine - seal the valve with tape and leave the tape on while they defrost at room temperature later down the line. There is a thread somewhere about grinding from frozen and the theory that it enhances taste. Never be caught out for beans ever again.

Yes - and longer is fine - seal the valve with tape and leave the tape on while they defrost at room temperature later down the line. There is a thread somewhere about grinding from frozen and the theory that it enhances taste. Never be caught out for beans ever again.

Grind particle uniformity... I'll give the tape trick a go.

esto tambien pasara.

Just ordered my little batch of darkness...

Now to work on my hobo beard before it arrives!

Did someone say coffee?

Just ordered my little batch of darkness...

Now to work on my hobo beard before it arrives!

Enjoy:)

The Sweet Bourbon is okay in milk, but I had to brush my tongue after trying the H&V. It tastes marginally better than it smells, but that's about all I can say for it.

CC are a pleasure to buy from though.

Enjoy:)

The Sweet Bourbon is okay in milk, but I had to brush my tongue after trying the H&V. It tastes marginally better than it smells, but that's about all I can say for it.

CC are a pleasure to buy from though.

I couldn't agree more; especially on the H&V. Odd considering they make a number of delicious blends, but I simpyl wouldn't partake in the offer because the H&V would go straight in the bin!!

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

Rats! Got this 4-pack turning up soon. What so people find so objectionable about the Hill & Valley? Just try it and see?

• Like 1

Flat white addict!

:cool: Ascaso I-2 | Hario Skerton | Gaggia Classic RI8161/40 + OPV mod + Silvia wand | Gaggia Carezza Deluxe

Currently drinking Rave Italian Job & Rave Signature

I've tried H&V and although I didn't find it anything special I certainly didn't find it objectional and certainly didn't bin it.

Edited by marcuswar
fix typos caused by posting from mobile phone

Don't forget to use the Coffee Compass discount code so the price is actually £18 to us not £20.

Yep and I'm trying H&V for the first time. Can't see it being that bad... famous last words!

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Well the reviews on the H&V are pretty good, so obviously some like it.

Then there is this review:

Let's be quite clear about this. This coffee is not for everyone so if you are a third wave p*** who faps over apple and cinammon, leave now. This coffee is not for you. This is a coffee for men.

This coffee is not for people who worship at the altar of the Ginger God, those who arrange their sacred Red Bags in their Shrines to show their devotion to Coffees of Mediocre flavour.

Don't drink this coffee and expect to recognise any tastes on your poncy coffee 'flavour wheels'. This stuff transcends attempts at description. Why? Because it doesn't need to. It doesn't need to be described in terms of other things because it tastes of what it should taste of. ****ing coffee.

Drinking Compass Coffee Hill and Valley is like being kicked hard in the balls, but then being given an immediate soothing massage as you come to, after actually having drunk a coffee that tastes of something. There's something very dirty about this coffee, but in a good way. Like being snogged by your horny grandma after she's had her morning brandy and a couple of Bensons.

I'm too scared to try this as espresso. I'll wait until I've grown a beard. And not an effete Hipster chinny one but a proper tramp beard that is the outward manifestation of virility and a refusal to told what to do by people with annoying midlands accents.Try this coffee as a flat white. Its indescribably good. The closest thing that can get to it is sucking on a Hookah pipe with one corner of your mouth, whilst simultaneously using the remaining corner of your mouth to suck in the sweetest and most satisfying of Mummy's breast milk.

Try this if you dare, but if you are scared you might actually taste something, be warned and stay away.

You might recognise the writing style

Tastes of coffee Review by Spazbarista

Rats! Got this 4-pack turning up soon. What so people find so objectionable about the Hill & Valley? Just try it and see?

It's a very dark roast, which some people don't like.

Don't forget to use the Coffee Compass discount code so the price is actually £18 to us not £20.

It didn't even occur to me that it would be possible to!!!

I'd already decided I need to try H&V on the basis of SpazBarista's review.

Did someone say coffee?

Not sure if I was man enough or not, but it smelled like burning tyres and made my mouth sad.

As previously mentioned, CC are a really great roaster to chat to and will definitely find you something that you like.

Some people like the darker stuff

Darth-Vader-Coffee.jpg

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)