We are recording a new album at the moment so fingers crossed it'll be out in 2012.

Keep me informed! Very much enjoyed that last album. So does the band still have the same line-up and sound?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting thread - I also fall into the nerdy IT crowd. Spent 11 years as system developer working firstly for a reinsurance company were I met SWMBO then eventually done 5 years developing a money distribution system for the performing rights society in the West End... If I'd known you then mike I could have hidden a bit of code to get you some more royalties :) Then when that system was finished I got made redundant and got a bit disillusioned with the whole programming lark. Too many young whipper snappers coming through willing to work for peanuts so I set up my own IT consultancy (really just a glorified PC repair business) 8 years ago and haven't looked back. It's hard work but I like being my own boss.

• 2 weeks later...

Electrician most of my life. 15 years data cabling/moves and changes in American bank, now back sparking. Seem to get laid off more than I like. Doh!

• 2 weeks later...

What an interesting thread, yes I remember that song Mike. I spent my working life in what is these days known as the financial services industry, but when I started was called insurance broking. I spent many years looking after the needs of commercial clients mainly in the Black Country and surrounding areas. All very interesting as I learnt a little about many different trades and the processes that they used. My greatest good fortune was that we sold out to a consolidator 15 months before the bubble burst. So now I'm well and truly retired however I find so much to do, as already said, I don't know how I found time to go to work. Discovered 'proper' coffee on holiday in Oz, and plunged into this coffee world less than 3 years ago. So, still learning, and hopefully getting better especially with the help of Glen. One day I may pull a God shot.

HumbleElite.

Your business does not sell coffee as such, it sells mushrooms under the guise of coffee. Therefore discussion about this product is not considered on-topic for a coffee forum

Aspiring professional Triathlete, part time masseur / sales in a London Running Shop... I don't have money but I enjoy the freedom I have... will eventually do an MSc in Physiotherapy...

Introduced by a friend to coffee wokring in a bike shop in Auckland, NZ back in 2004... Kiwis and Aussies certainly make some good coffee...

• 1 month later...

I sell and support EPOS systems (Tills) this allows me to drink coffee at lots of establishmenst all over the country. Used to work in development and testing and youdrink alot of coffee then, drank so much through the week i used to get withdrawel headaches at the weekend

• 4 weeks later...

what a fun post!

at present, I own a few properties which I rent out - and still work a freelance photographer/filmmaker - I used to travel the world for 25 years following/ photographing equestrian events - including 2 Olympics - was fun while it lasted - I stopped that part of my photography a few years ago - the digital age has changed the industry somewhat - not for worse not for better - it's just different - the digital age has surely brought many more people to photography which is a good thing .. however with it came a change of direction/change of creativity - all "progress" has advantages and disadvantages ...

now (for the past 5months) I'm fully engrossed in coffeeeeee .. and learning more and more about it ! yeahhhhh it's a never ending journey full of magic.

What a fantastic thread. I'm astonished by the number of people who discovered great coffee in NZ and Oz (where I lived until fairly recently, and too discovered really great coffee and a liking for the 'flat white').

Well, at the moment I am starting up my artisan coffee roasting business and although there's the odd hassle here and there I'm really enjoying it - cos I'm passionate about my coffee and want everyone else to be too. Whilst in Oz and more recently in UK & Europe, a Software Test Automation Consultant. Before that I was a nuclear submariner which took me to various parts of the world and the catalyst for my emigration to Oz. Now living in the sticks, roasting & brewing, playing my pipes (yes, a jock) and generally chilling out. :)

The people who hang out in forums, eh!

Yeah I was saying to Mike about the album missing off iTunes it should

be there, I'm investigating currently.

You can still buy the CD off Amazon I believe.

We are recording a new album at the moment so fingers crossed it'll be out in 2012.

Andy, not sure if you'll see this since you're all babied up with both hands but I've had your "Just A Man" album playing in the cafe recently and today some people were saying how great it was and where could they get it, so I directed them to your iTunes album and gave them a little info. Germans, so maybe your rheinland tour plans have just been kicked off :)

My first job after leaving school was in commercial radio following a long "apprentiship" from my early teens volunteering for our local station in North Devon Lantern FM. I worked there as audio controller & evening presenter (6pm - Mdnt) for 18 months. I then moved to Bath for a job at Bath FM as Weekend breakfast presenter. I worked part time at a local cocktail bar and really enjoyed the coffee side. In 2001 I took the head barista job at a large coffee house in Bath and have been in coffee ever since! Worked as head barista in a few places back home in Devon, as well as a couple of management positions. I then moved to a distributer as a coffee machine engineer and barista trainer. I have trained coffee is some cool places like 2 Michilin star Gidlegh Park (Michael Caines), Tanners Restaurant. Did lots of freelance training for Boston Tea Party in the SW indeed I trained all the new staff in the recently opened Salisbury branch and for the last year have been a freelance engineer/trainer. As of last week (!) I'm now a manager & Head barista in Boston Tea Party Barnstaple. http://bostonteaparty.co.uk

I am also a presenter on The Voice FM, ( http://thevociefm.co.uk )an online and RSL station put together to bring local radio back to North Devon after Heart took over our local station and now broadcast sindicated content from London. We are currently planning a community station for the area.

Outside of work I'm a licenced Radio amateur (HAM), musician and cyclist!

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread ... Me? I trained as a lawyer. Worked for a huge mainframe computer company for more years than I care to remember. Did all sorts of IT management roles since. Worked for myself for a while and now develop courseware for a North Carolina based telephony company.

Outside work I drink coffee (inside work as well!), play jazz clarinet and sax and also traditional Irish music on the Uilleann pipes and tin whistle. I love cooking for friends (have my own sous vide and Thermomix). I'm another licensed radio amateur but not currently on the air. I love all the science of roasting and making the best tasting coffee I can.

David

• 3 months later...

I've been a professional magician and juggler for 20 years.......before that I was a cabinet maker.

No one was more amazed than me when the entertainment side took off.

Really looking to getting more into coffee. For years I just made espresso with my pavoni and never gave it a second thought but now I've discovered internet coffee forums and realise what a science and art this is.

I'm also a home baker. Make all my bread from a natural leaven I made six years ago and I feed it daily.

Bread, coffee and card tricks, what more can you ask?

Precision Engineer/toolmaker, served my apprenticeship and made redundant (as they did with young blokes in the late 70's) they gave me a job in stores at a lower pay rate, stuck that for 4 weeks until I got skilled job with a small engineering company that lasted 26 good years and grew 8 fold, ended up looking after the machine shop until I set up myself 7 years ago and things are going well despite the downturn in manufacturing cpl-precision.co.uk

Trouble is with any new interest I always want to CNC machine something for it:) so expect to see me with a shiny addition to the coffee corner of the house