greymda

Cat lovers

Posted (edited)

I used to have a blind cat Eddie, sadly he was put to sleep last Saturday, he was only young not quite 7 years old and a constant companion of mine for the last 4 years. He spend every evening sitting on me as much as possible and I miss him, but was grateful he decided to share his, short, but loving life with us. I couldn't have wished for a better behaved and more considerate cat. I admit to being very upset when he crossed the rainbow bridge. It left a cat sized gap in our lives and I saw this little fellow called Ernie on an RSPCA homing site. He was a bit beaten up when the RSPCA found him, they think he must have been in a RTA. He had terrible injuries to his left side, so much so the leg and shoulder blade had to be removed....no Supervet artificial limb for him. He also had a fractured tail and dental damage as well. He wasn't neutered, microchipped, not even a collar, so was either a stray or owned by someone who didn't care too much. Ernie was in the hospital for more than a month and his fur still has to grow back (mostly I guess). He is a chilled little fellow even after the horrific accident he must have had. We collected him on the Evening of the 10th April and within an hour he already owned my office chair...no safe space under the bed for him. Oh just in case you wondered, the chair he is on is NOT my chair, I would have kept it clean! He must be very brave not to hide away and now he is wandering all over the house. He didn't even make any messes, found both litter boxes and was happy to use them both. His name is Ernie and he is super friendly and affectionate (unbelievably so). I hope to give him a wonderful life and home with us, where he will be very much loved.

in%20chair.JPG?psid=1

in%20chair2.JPG?psid=1

Edited by DavecUK

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Can you guys see two photos or only one?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

fecking Captcha again, I could see 2 photos, but my other browser when not logged in only saw one. I have edited it and place the second photo in again. This time I think you will see both.

I see both pics Dave. Good on you for giving him a home after all he has been through. Do cats like coffee?! Very sorry to hear about Eddie. He was cool, didn't realise until you told me that he couldn't see, must have had special cat powers.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

fecking Captcha again, I could see 2 photos, but my other browser when not logged in only saw one. I have edited it and place the second photo in again. This time I think you will see both.

Yes And very nice the little fella is too!

PS: Are you sure that's not your chair?

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Awwww he’s landed on his paws finding YOU! Happy New Home, Ernie :) :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I'm big cat lover, but unfortunately I'm still living in rented apartment and I can't afford to myself to have one. There's a lot of expensive furniture that I can't replace if cat scratches it or ruin in any way 😥

My mom have two, but from time to time, she saves some cat from the streets. After that she find a nice home for them.

I hate cats.

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

1 hour ago, Jony said:

I hate cats.

This normally means any cat makes a bee line for you and jumps in your lap when you sit down....

I dislike cats, and I am also scared of them - in much the same way someone can be scared of a big dog such as an Alsatian  (which I can’t understand). I also dislike them when they come in the garden to wait for the birds when I’ve just put food out for them. I wouldn’t hurt any animal but I do shoo them off. 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Posted (edited)

I went to Belgium this past weekend - and heard they are getting a legislation of having to register all owned cats (chipping them) and then those cats are mandatory neutered/castrated/sterilized. No breeding is allowed. Any cat captured that is not chipped will be chipped etc. if anybody wants it, else it will be put to death after a while. So, if true and this gets upheld, in 30 years or so there will be a lot of foreign cats in Belgium. 

Edited by tohenk2
  • Like 1

How long before they start the same shizz with people?

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

51 minutes ago, hotmetal said:

They would have to start doing MPs first...it's too late by the time they get in the house of lords.

• Like 1

Cats would make better leaders...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hotmetal said:

Cats would make better leaders...

The problem is they sleep all day so would be better suited to the house of lords....

• Like 2

On 15/06/2019 at 19:35, hotmetal said:

Already doing it, that's the white stuff you see coming from high flying aircraft...chemical dusting of the population.

Sigh....

SewMwmJxn2br07UjdtibbL2Yb39q-omJwAOzmzdZ

• Like 2