Glenn

Limited Edition Londinium I wall art

Calling all Londinium lever espresso machine owners.

@Snakehips has masterfully constructed a real work of art that you have a chance to get hold of.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23136&d=1477081455

This beautiful item of Londindium I wall art could be yours at the end of November 2016

There are only 5 of these in existence - each one slightly different.

@Snakehips is keeping 1, @foundrycoffeeroasters.com and @coffeechap will each own 1, and I'm babysitting the last 2

All you need to do to enter for a chance of winning is leave a message below with your CFUK Username and Londinium model.

A winner will be chosen at random at the end of November.

What are you waiting for?

Start typing below!

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

THe weirdest thing happened today when I finished work and I jumped in my van to come home something fell out of my pocket , it bounced out of the door just I as I was closing it .

What was it ? Not my keys I had them in my hand , and it couldn't be the 50 pence change I received in change earlier in the day from Ron, the proprietor of the local spoon I bought a cup of tea from this morning . I proudly left that in amongst the pile of copper coins in his tip cup when I was wishing him and his missus a good weekend despite the drizzly weather .

So what was the mystery object ? It may be important , so I slipped my seatbelt of opened the door and lent out of the van , nope it was illusive I couldn't see anything , I can't ignore it , I know my luck so I climbed out of the van , crouching down on my knees on the damp floor , nope still nothing , right get the torch out of my pocket , tap several times to get it to work , and me an electrician . Right torch working flashing like mad so I repeatly press the button to get normal light mode rather than sending SOS signal to everyone and his dog .

Right now what is it ..... there it is shining back at me , stretch a little pulling it towards with the tips of my fingers .

What a pullaver an inch and half wood screw left over from today's graft , still I consodled myself at least I had recovered it and not let it go into someone's or my own tyre .

Now call it fate but I reckon that could be a sign that the mere wood screw was destined for a higher purpose .

I will keep it in a safe place and if luck shines my way I reckon I might have a job for it .

and don't worry if I am lucky enough to win the artwork but can't find my lucky screw I have the box it came in which has 3 dozen or more exactly the same in it .

Thecatlinux. LOndinium L1

Edited by Thecatlinux

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

A mighty L1 - lovingly preowned by the chap himself - so I must be in with a chance.

(Is there no end to your talent Snakehips?)

(Is there no end to your talent Snakehips?)

Yes !! I'm crap at making coffee!!!!

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

THe weirdest thing happened today when I finished work and I jumped in my van to come home something fell out of my pocket , it bounced out of the door just I as I was.............

.........and don't worry if I am lucky enough to win the artwork but can't find my lucky screw I have the box it came in which has 3 dozen or more exactly the same in it .

Thecatlinux. LOndinium L1

Richard, Genuinely, my eyes were welling up as I read that.

A considerate sparky!

I just don't know what else to say .......... other than maybe implore other L1 owners to refrain from adding their names to the list.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Truly cracking artwork there @Snakehips the generosity of this forum and its members never ceases to amaze!

cambosheff - Londinium L1-P

Richard, Genuinely, my eyes were welling up as I read that.

A considerate sparky!

I just don't know what else to say .......... other than maybe implore other L1 owners to refrain from adding their names to the list.

I saw these on the day and I was convinced my missus had twisted your arm and that I was getting one as a surprise for my birthday but alas .....

Still she still got me Londinium T shirt sent over from New Zealand for my birthday and help towards the coat of some new scales

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Still she still got me Londinium T shirt sent over from New Zealand for my birthday and help towards the coat of some new scales

Take my advice, don't bother getting a coat for the scales. I know they need to be kept warm during the winter months otherwise they give erratic readings and b*gger your shots but a coat is not the answer. I got one last winter for my scales but with the overrun you get on the L1 it was soaked in coffee and ruined in no time. No, save your money. You're an electrician, get yourself one of those little plastic battery operated fans that they have in the crane grab machines at the amusement arcade and a small candle. Or tee light is it they call them these days? Put lit candle to the side of the scales and then gently blow a stream of warm air towards the scales. That will achieve and maintain a nice summer-like working temperature!!

PS please don't go edit your original thread or this sage advice will not make sense.

PPS Had to edit as the F*!*!% spill chucker messed up a couple of my wrods.

In my defence I have fat fingers and apples auto correct changes everything

I should read things back before I post

If we are dishing out advice those crane grab machines are not the most economical way of shopping for things .

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

A man of few words...

MarkyP L1

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

Of course I would love to own one of these Snakehips originals, it would be the only art here but....

The Heath Robinson in me is already wanting to in part replicate the true art and make a more "Kitsch" version..... You know the sort of thing..... Motorised lever, gloriously naff. :D

grumpydaddy. An earlier vintage Londinium L1

Oh, I'd forgotten about this!

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

Must've missed this first time around

Nice work

working dog L1

a grinder a lever and some beans

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Bought my Londinium off this forum and have made many happy espressos and a few sad looking lattes since!

Andy

Londinium L1 (v2)

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

A couple of days to go and current odds of 9/1 by my reckoning.

Keep the names coming in - every L1 owner should register their interest for this!

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Oh no I want one, am I too late to put my name in the hat. RASD4651

L1 WITH BOTTOMLESS PF, EUREKA OLYMPUS 75E WITH TITANIUM BURRS, 7G VST

I must say that is really good. No surprise that coffechap has one. Whoever wins is a lucky coffee dude and should proudly display it in their kitchen.

L1 WITH BOTTOMLESS PF, EUREKA OLYMPUS 75E WITH TITANIUM BURRS, 7G VST

I think you snuck in just fine (but I'm not the judge!)!

It is a cool little picture isn't it? Maybe we could commission a number of them?

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

@Glenn Isn't Basingstoke on the geographic exclusion list?